ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
joby_toss

Re: ProEject

#136 Post by joby_toss »

Updated Romanian language file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hv1tmxdr68avtb6

P.S. lines 38 and 39 are identical in English.lng file.

guinness

#137 Post by guinness »

Thanks, updated the language file. I don't know if any of the strings will change but I've pretty much been using the same language file for the last 5 days.

guinness

#138 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.0.0.1 (Preview)

Another update to the logging system which has been re-invented to show the failed attempts that might occur with registry or file deletion. It's in the style of XML and has been careful thought out to help with debugging ProEject. So far I've been told by one user that the x64 has worked flawlessly on their machine, which is great news. :mrgreen:

guinness

#139 Post by guinness »

I've updated again improving the logging system. The reason for no changelog is because I've already tweaked it once so now it's re-tweaking to be perfect. Please bare with me as the easiest thing is to code, the time consuming part is optimising the code.

guinness

#140 Post by guinness »

The issue which was reported by SYSTEM is with AutoIt >> http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/2003

So in the interim I will create my own function to overcome this issue.

SYSTEM

#141 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:The issue which was reported by SYSTEM is with AutoIt >> http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/2003

So in the interim I will create my own function to overcome this issue.
"Issue"?
SYSTEM wrote:If "time to wait before closing" is not set to 0, ProEject hangs (with about 0,1 % CPU usage) instead of closing the applications.
Do you find 0,1 % too much? :)

I only mentioned the CPU usage because I thought it might help you to find the cause.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

guinness

#142 Post by guinness »

No I don't find that amount of CPU usage high, but I was concerned about ProEject hanging. It's been fixed in the new release.

So 5 weeks have passed since I released ProEject V1.0.0.0 & I decided to see how many times ProEject had been downloaded from the main site ... 8,030 times! :mrgreen: I'm really surprised as the only 'promotion' I did myself was here (of course) & on the site, it's thanks to you guys e.g. SYSTEM, spicydog, joby_toss (in particular) & lautrepay to name but a few who have done the promotion for me.

The current status of ProEject is as follows, I was expecting to release V1.0.0.1 on the 10th September but since it's the weekend I didn't want to feel compelled to rush the product, as I'm always in favour of producing a product of when it's ready not when it has to be ready.
I'm working very closely with a couple of members who've kindly offered their time to help me (spicydog & lautrepay) they're reporting suggests and enhancements to make ProEject just that little bit better. You can still download the preview if you can't wait for the new version, but once I feel ProEject is ready it will be released to the community. I'm giving myself a deadline of October 1st!

SYSTEM

#143 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:No I don't find that amount of CPU usage high, but I was concerned about ProEject hanging. It's been fixed in the new release.
OK, then the link you provided seems to point to a wrong bug.
guinness wrote: The current status of ProEject is as follows, I was expecting to release V1.0.0.1 on the 10th September but since it's the weekend I didn't want to feel compelled to rush the product, as I'm always in favour of producing a product of when it's ready not when it has to be ready.
It's a good practice. :)

BTW, I think that that long changelog warrants version number 1.0.1.0 or even 1.1.0.0. :)

guinness

#144 Post by guinness »

About the version number I was thinking the other day of splitting it up into <Branch>.<Build>.<MajorChanges>.<MinorChanges OR BugFixes> e.g. 1.1.7.15 because it hints more at the exact changes that have happened.

guinness

#145 Post by guinness »

Seems ProEject was reviewed on komando.com >> http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=11375

guinness

#146 Post by guinness »

A new Beta will be coming tomorrow before the final release. For those wishing to help translate, the changes will be included in the language folder of ProEject, so far only additions. :mrgreen: Thanks for all your help and details coming tomorrow.

guinness

#147 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.1.19.26 (Beta)

So this is the beta version of ProEject which is more than likely to be the stable version in the next couple of weeks. After much testing from spicydog with USB HDD's and multiple partitions, I'm happy to say that this version of ProEject is a lot more stable than the initial release! Emphasis has been on ejection as well as improving the log file that can be created for future proofing and easy handling of ejection problems. I've also enhanced TrueCrypt ejection by using a custom program I created called TruePath (look in the Data folder,) it's a commandline program to solve the issue of 64bit systems. Just use TruePath.exe /? to see the syntax & I will be uploading as a separate package soon.

But enough about that, take it for a spin, I think you'll be surprised. :D

For those who know AutoIt or are interested in the changes, just do a comparison in WinMerge (for example) of the changes I've made to the sourcecode.
Last edited by guinness on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

#148 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.1.19.30 (Beta)
- FIXED: Issue with ABBYY and the temporary cleaning. (Thanks to spicydog for testing.)
- FIXED: Issue with TIP_EJECT_1 and TIP_EJECT_2 not being translated.
SYSTEM reported the issue about the translation strings a while back and now I've fixed the issue, so if you were to choose Finnish as the language then these strings will be translated upon ejection.

I hope those that have downloaded the beta can see a huge difference in efficiency :D

SYSTEM

#149 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote: SYSTEM reported the issue about the translation strings a while back and now I've fixed the issue, so if you were to choose Finnish as the language then these strings will be translated upon ejection.
Was the bug specific to Finnish? :o

spicydog

#150 Post by spicydog »

SYSTEM wrote:Was the bug specific to Finnish? :o
I guess that what Guinness is saying here is that you were the first one who found out that these strings were missing in the .lng (master) file and translated them into Finnish :mrgreen:

Now that these strings have been translated in all languages and all ProEject's dialogs are multilingual I wonder why in the downloaded "Language" folder I see:

Dutch.lng
English.lng
German.lng
Italian.lng
Romanian.lng
Spanish.lng

but no Finnish? :shock:

I take this opportunity to thank once more Guinness for his spectacular achievement and for his outstanding dedication.
Last edited by spicydog on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.