KMPlayer - media player

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Fluffy

KMPlayer - media player

#1 Post by Fluffy »

[Moderator note: this is the primary KMPlayer program thread. View database entry]

---

There has been an absolutely spectacular update to KMPlayer, for which I have updated the entry accordingly. I have tested it out briefly and strongly recommend everyone update immediately. However, make sure you do a clean update: delete your current KMPlayer files before extracting this one. If you've rearranged the keys, you may keep KMPKey.ini, but due to massive restructuring of the program most of the other configs could cause conflicts.

Although you're gonna have to re-configure it to your liking, I can assure you that this is a spectacular update that is quite worth it. :)

nycjv321

#2 Post by nycjv321 »

does latest version require directx9? can someone give me link/email the last version that works with direct8

Local

#3 Post by Local »

The download link kept responding 404

I got a copy here http://www.download.com/The-KMPlayer/30 ... ag=lst-0-1

Thanks for the update Fluffy I can't wait to check it out

nycjv321

#4 Post by nycjv321 »

this version needs directx9.0

nycjv321

#5 Post by nycjv321 »

can someone post link to older version that uses directx8? not all people can run directx9

xephyr69

KMPlayer 2.9.3.1432

#6 Post by xephyr69 »

nycjv321

#7 Post by nycjv321 »

it should be noted that kmplayer now requires directx9.0 ....... and not all pc's have directx9.0 installed

mark1981

KMPlayer - media player

#8 Post by mark1981 »

Just a quick question :?:

The below web address indicates a possibility making kmplayer truly portable i.e. deleting the registry keys and the folders created in my documents

http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/7637

Since the this might as well be a foreign language to me can someone tell me whether this works and whether they could compile it or tell me (in very easy steps) how. :roll:

Any assistance would be appreciated. :D

-.-

Re: kmplayer portable.

#9 Post by -.- »

you could always use jantepe to make it stealth...
anyways, that thing should work. I used km player before with a portable launcher and it would delete the my documents folders (rather i think it made it inside the kmplayer foflder instead) and it was stealth. I just dont have it anymore :S

I think if you made a folder by same name as one it makes and put it inside the kmplayer folder it will start to save things there and not recreate one.

m^(2)

#10 Post by m^(2) »

-.- wrote:you could always use jantepe to make it stealth...
No, not always. JauntePE doesn't work on all OSes, XP x64 is one of them.

mark1981

#11 Post by mark1981 »

Hi I've been trying autoit but don't understand it, I copied the text from the webpage and tried both pasting it in and creating a txt file with the information and renaming the extension but no luck.

-.- I don't suppose you know the name of the launcher you used, I would use Jauntpe but I use vista and I don't think it is supported (as m^(2) pointed out it only supports certain operating systems).

Would really like to make kmplayer stealth or at the very least get rid of the "Kmplayer" folder it automatically creates in the "My Document" folder it is really bugging me.

It is a very good player just not very portable and I hate installing stuff.

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

Here is your portable version with an NSIS launcher.

mark1981

#13 Post by mark1981 »

Cheers joby_toss works really well.

I don't suppose you know but why is this not listed with the other apps? (Is it the other content of the site?)

Anyway thanks.

joby_toss

#14 Post by joby_toss »

mark1981 wrote:I don't suppose you know but why is this not listed with the other apps? (Is it the other content of the site?)
That version has legal issues.

JohnTHaller

#15 Post by JohnTHaller »

joby_toss wrote:That version has legal issues.
Actually, all versions of KMPlayer have legal issues. It includes code under the GPL illegally taken from the FFMpeg project as well as others. They stole work from Media Player Classic as well. You'll find them listed in FFMpeg's hall of shame:
http://ffmpeg.org/shame.html
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality