Cedric and the Revolution - adventure/puzzle game

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
AlephX

Cedric and the Revolution - adventure/puzzle game

#1 Post by AlephX »

Cedric and the Revolution
By Bernie

Site: http://www.origamihero.com/

Synopsis:
Cedric and the revolution is a "short" adventure/puzzle game (point&click, made with Adventure Game Studio, I guess) created in 2005 and which got a certain success, as the author is a "self programmed man"...
Just to quote something...
Cedric and the Revolution is a charming and very well-designed freeware adventure game. Although it is on the short side, you will have so much fun with the witty dialogues, humor, and clever puzzles that you will be sad to see it end. Set in a fantasy town, you "...follow the adventure of Cedric and Victor as they try to get a demonstration up and running." The game is well-written, the storyline is interesting, and the puzzles are a lot of fun to solve and will make gamers fondly recall the early 90s - heyday of adventure gaming. The catching-the-hat puzzle is my favorite in the game, but there are many other memorable puzzles - a wonderful achievement given the relatively short length. If you have even a slightest interest in adventure games, Cedric and the Revolution is one of the must-play and overlooked underdogs of 2005. Don't let the freeware status fool you - everything in this game is commercial-quality, and had it been 2-3 times longer, could have been easily marketed as such. A must-have, and a high five to designer Bernhard Politsch for creating such a captivating game.
by http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=5311

Well, I played it and I and my wife (who solved it, HA-HEM!!!) had a lot of fun but, to quote someone again:
Fluffy wrote (more or less)
A good portable game is somewhat you get addicted and play, and play, and play...
And this is the reason why this game could not be added to the Portable Freeware Collection, as once you have made it, you stop it. 8)

Installation: unzip and copy to folder
write settings to: application folder
Run: elves!.exe (there is also an option setup: winsetup.exe)
Space required: 10,5 Mb
License: Freeware
Unicode Support: no

Walkthrough: http://indygamer.blogspot.com/2005/06/c ... rough.html

DDL: http://www.origamihero.com/files/advgame.zip

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

Gah, using my (somewhat) words against me. ;) Personally I don't find adventure games to have a very high replay value, as they tend to have that "I beat it, so now there's nothing left to do" feeling. On second thought, though, this is simply a personal opinion and I'm sure that there are users out there that would love to take their adventure game progress with them wherever they go. Against my better judgement I'll go through the necessary measures to add it, though I know this is gonna bite me in the ass later when a flood of AGS games come at me. :P

Fluffy

#3 Post by Fluffy »

On another note, I recently stumbled across another interesting adventure game about a pizza delivery guy with the determination of a madman. it's called Duty and Beyond. Give it a shot! :)

AlephX

#4 Post by AlephX »

(I should be a legal advicer...) :twisted:

apart from jokes... I think that what you write is right. I have the feeling tha adventure games are like books, and rarely I read the same book twice, specilly if it is a crime story!!! 8)

But maybe you could make a poll... at the end the users get the power!!!

Fluffy

#5 Post by Fluffy »

Well, seeing as how there's already an Adventure Games category I might as well do my part to help fill it. :) It's also very hard to ignore the thriving adventure game scene, which means there's surely users out there that wouldn't mind putting a nice little adventure game on their USB device to play during coffee breaks and such.

Fluffy

#6 Post by Fluffy »

Well, there's 2 games down! :) Thanks!

webfork

Re: Cedric and the Revolution

#7 Post by webfork »

Very old thread update: The Duty and Beyond entry has been updated. If one of those mirrors go offline, the Hashes for the good zip file are:

MD5: 8FB408E0F7BA86C3E6A0F9C63A70091F
SHA-1: 332082E17E8A9239742850B5C88DB64EF8D55D9F