File Blender

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Cornflower

File Blender

#1 Post by Cornflower »

File Blender is an extensible and customizable file conversion and processing tool.
It uses external command line programs to convert or otherwise process files that are being dropped onto the interface.

You can easily extend its functionality by adding any program that supports command line arguments to its Actions folder, along with a simple configuration file that tells Flie Blender which files should be handled by each action and how.
File Blender requires no installation. The application itself is built of a single executable and a configuration file.

To Install: Download .zip file and extract to a folder.

Portable: Tested with RegFromApp and Depends.

HomePage: http://sector-seven.net/software/fileblender
Download: http://sector-seven.net/downloads/fileb ... lender.zip
(Comes preconfigured with sample audio, graphic, and pdf file software.)
or
http://sector-seven.net/downloads/fileb ... engine.zip
without any preconfigured software.

I recommend the preconfigured software version for the examples. You remove called apps by deleting their sub-directories.
I've played with it for a half hour now, and its capabilities are really growing on me.

webfork

Re: File Blender v 0.15

#2 Post by webfork »

Tested portable and stealth.

Great suggestion, Cornflower.

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Nice find. Any plan to post it to the database?

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

File Bender added:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2026

The program reminds me a bit of a portable FilterFrog.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

Added before me? Wow! :shock:

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:Added before me? Wow! :shock:
That's right -- I gotta be quick. :)

Ruby

#7 Post by Ruby »

File Blender Action:
In place file encryption/decryption using 'MySecret Blowfish Encryption Utility'.

Code: Select all

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Encrypt/Decrypt your File(s) using MySecret
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[action]
active          =true
name            =Encrypt/Decrypt File(s)
acceptFormat    =*
acceptMulti     =true
acceptSingle    =true
commandLine     =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\MySecret.exe" -p~Gui:Input(Enter Password)~ "~Loop:InFilename~" "~Loop:InFilename~""
debug           =false

Create a new folder in the 'Actions' folder named 'MySecret' or whatever you like with a sub-folder 'exe'.
Download MySecret and extract to the sub-folder you created in the new folder (i.e. MySecret).
Copy and Past the above code in a new file and save as 'MySecret.b.ini' (no quotes) in the new folder (i.e. MySecret).

This is an in place encryption/decryption config; the file will be overwritten. < Warning!

If you don't want the overwrite simply add an extension to the output file (last on the command line)
e.g. "~Loop:InFilename~.mys" the ext can be anything you want.

MySecret also has the ability to encrypt/decrypt text on the clipboard.
If run from a command line with no parameters it will encrypt/decrypt the current clipboard.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

Ruby wrote:File Blender Action:
In place file encryption/decryption using 'MySecret Blowfish Encryption Utility'.
Very cool. If File Blender becomes a customizable front end for many different processes/converters, that's all good news.
Last edited by webfork on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (fixed bad quote syntax)

Ruby

#9 Post by Ruby »

He might be including MySecret in the distribution.
He created a wrapper for it 'Eclipse' and the download.

I've been talking with the developer (via email) about some improvements in video conversion.

As it is right now he isn't passing any parameters to ffmpeg, which results in video bit rate 200k and audio 64k.

I created a couple of configs for Xvid in MP4 and AVI:

; VID TO Xvid (MP4)
[action]
active          =true
name            =Convert to Xvid (MP4)
acceptFormat    =avi,flv,wmv,mpg,mpeg,vob
acceptMulti     =true
acceptSingle    =true
outputTo        =out
commandLine     =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "~Loop:InFilename~" -vcodec libxvid -b 3000k -r 29.97 -s 720x480 -aspect 4:3 -acodec libfaac -ar 48000 -ac 2 -ab 112k -y "out\~Loop:InNameNoExt~.mp4""
debug           =false

; VID TO Xvid (AVI)
[action]
active          =true
name            =Convert to Xvid (AVI)
acceptFormat    =avi,flv,wmv,mpg,mpeg,vob
acceptMulti     =true
acceptSingle    =true
outputTo        =out
commandLine     =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "~Loop:InFilename~" -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -b 3000k -r 29.97 -s 720x480 -aspect 4:3 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ac 2 -ab 128k -y "out\~Loop:InNameNoExt~.avi""
debug           =false
I created these for VOB files but they will work on any file and will produce about 100MB file for 5 min of video.
Copy, Paste and rename 'toXvidMP4.b.ini', and 'toXvidAVI.b.ini' respectively, and drop in the FFmpeg folder.
Make sure that command line stays on one line.

And another thing, his build of ffmpeg is quite old (01-29-2007) and broken as far as Xvid is concerned, so do yourself a favor and replace it.

A tried and true version that I have used for ~2 years built by Sherpya in Dec of 2008 can be downloaded here.
Or you can try a newer version here.
Whichever one you get, just drop it in the 'exe' subfolder of FFmpeg.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the -y at the end of the command line overwrites if a file exists. Otherwise
the program does nothing; just sits there.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

Ruby wrote:I created a couple of configs for Xvid in MP4 and AVI
Great work, man. Keep it up. :)

I am Baas

#11 Post by I am Baas »

V0.23 available:
Added : File encryption / decription using MySecrets (thanks jazzruby)

Ruby

#12 Post by Ruby »

I created a config for x264 | H.264/AVC Video with AAC Audio

; VID TO H.264/AVC
[action]
active          =true
name            =Convert to H.264/AVC
acceptFormat    =AVI,FLV,MPG,MPEG,VOB,WMV
acceptMulti     =true
acceptSingle    =true
outputTo        =out
commandLine     =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\x264" --profile baseline --ref 1 --subme 5 --no-mixed-refs --trellis 0 --keyint 40 --no-interlaced ~Gui:Select(Select Size/Resolution,Same as Source[],iPhone/Android[--vf resize:480\,320\,1:1])~ -o "out\~Loop:InFilename~.mp4" "~Loop:InFilename~""
commandLine2    =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "~Loop:InFilename~" -vn -acodec libfaac -f mp4 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -ab 128k -y "out\~Loop:InFilename~.aac""
commandLine3    =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "out\~Loop:InFilename~.mp4" -i "out\~Loop:InFilename~.aac" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -y "out\~Loop:InNameNoExt~.mp4""
commandLine4    =">del "out\~Loop:InFilename~.mp4","out\~Loop:InFilename~.aac""
debug           =false
Copy, Paste , Rename toX264.b.ini and drop in the FFmpeg folder.

You'll need the encoder (x264.exe) and an updated File Blender executable which I will zip up (with Authors permission) with this config.

x264:
Homepage - http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html
Download - http://x264.nl/
Drop the x264.exe in the exe subfolder of FFmpeg.

File Blender w/x264 support:
http://localhostr.com/file/NPtTgYl/FileBlenderX264.zip
MD5: E0CB39B85902D5E2D5D445BBA2ECDC05
Drop the toX264.b.ini in the FFmpeg folder.

This config and the updated File Blender.exe will be in the next release (if all goes well) along with a slightly newer
FFmpeg (0.5 Stable) with FAAC 1.28 (Freeware Advanced Audio Coder) support.

If anyone can test (Same as Source and iPhone/Android), leave feedback.

Dwel

#13 Post by Dwel »

lol, thats great, where does it save the converted file?

TP109

#14 Post by TP109 »

Here is what I use to extract audio from video files. Save as "extractAudio.b.ini" in the FFmpeg folder. It saves the extracted audio file with the same name but using the selected format extension and saved to the input folder.

; Extract Audio from Video File
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[action]
active        	=true
name         	=Extract audio from Video
acceptFormat 	=AVI,FLV,MP4,MPG,MPEG,VOB,WMV,ASF,M4A,3GP
acceptMulti    	=true
acceptSingle  	=true
outputTo      	=
commandLine 	=""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "~Loop:InFilename~" -acodec: copy -vn "~Loop:InNameNoExt~.~Gui:Select(Select Audio FileType,aac,m4a,mp4)~""
debug          =false

; -i option specifies the input file.
; -vn option is used to skip the video part.
; -acodec copy will copy the audio stream keeping the original codec.
I use the following for WebM files. Save as "extractAudioWebm.b.ini" in the FFmpeg folder. Saves the audio file with the same name but using the oga extension and saved to the input folder.

; Extract Audio from WebM File
[action]
active        	=true
name         	=Extract audio from WebM
acceptFormat 	=WEBM
acceptMulti    	=true
acceptSingle  	=true
outputTo      	=
commandLine 	=""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "~Loop:InFilename~" -acodec: copy -vn "~Loop:InNameNoExt~.ogg""
commandLine2 	=">ren "~Loop:InNameNoExt~.ogg" "~Loop:InNameNoExt~.oga""
debug          =false

; -i option specifies the input file.
; -vn option is used to skip the video part.
; -acodec copy will copy the audio stream keeping the original codec.
I use the following to cut video, keeping the same format. Save as "cutVideo.b.ini" in the FFmpeg folder. The cut video file will have the same name and extension but with a "cut_ " prefix added and saved to the input folder.
; Cut Video
[action]
active =true
name =Cut Video
acceptFormat =AVI,FLV,MP4,MPG,MPEG,VOB,WMV,ASF,M4A,3GP,WEBM
acceptMulti =true
acceptSingle =true
outputTo =
commandLine =""~Var:ThisDir~\exe\ffmpeg" -i "~Loop:InFilename~" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss ~Gui:Input(Enter start time,00:00:00)~ -to ~Gui:Input(Enter stop time,00:00:00)~ "cut_~Loop:InFilename~""
debug =false

; uses output seeking method (-ss after -i) with -vcodec and -acodec parameters to maintain same audio and video.
Tested and works on my system (XP SP3 32-bit). Ffmpeg probably needs to be updated for the above to work. Download the latest static build from https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/. Extract ffmpeg.exe from the build and replace the older version in the FFmpeg\exe folder with the newer version.

Midas

#15 Post by Midas »

Cool, thanks for sharing. 8)