Here are some key features of Double Commander:
* Unicode support
* All operations working in background
* Multi-rename tool
* Tabbed interface
* Custom columns
* Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
* Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
* Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
* Extended search function with full text search in any files
* Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
* Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
* File operations logging
* And more...
Create a file named "doublecmd.ini" with the following content:
Code: Select all
The last official released version is 0.4.0 beta, but the last alpha version can be found here (only for testing).
I've played around with it a bit and I'm quite impressed.