Small tweaks to how submitted entries are displayed/handled

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
Andrew Lee

Small tweaks to how submitted entries are displayed/handled

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have made some small tweaks to how submitted entries are displayed/handled.

When a new entry is submitted, it is assigned a "Private" status, indicated by a new icon. Hence, no matter how many times it is updated (new version or otherwise), the status remains as "Private", as long as the internal score remains below 10.

Once the internal score reaches 10, the status is updated to "New" and the app is pushed to the top of the public listing. This is to make sure apps with a long lag time between submission and going public get their 5 mins of fame in the public listing.

Subsequently, as before, the status will change to "Updated" when the version is modified.

the_watcher

Re: Small tweaks to how submitted entries are displayed/handled

#2 Post by the_watcher »

Andrew Lee wrote: When a new entry is submitted, it is assigned a "Private" status, indicated by a new icon. Hence, no matter how many times it is updated (new version or otherwise), the status remains as "Private", as long as the internal score remains below 10.

Once the internal score reaches 10, the status is updated to "New" and the app is pushed to the top of the public listing.
can i ask how the internal score is measured/calculated?
i guess it's not the number that shows how many people like an application (you know, by clicking "this app rocks!" button)

guinness

Re: Small tweaks to how submitted entries are displayed/handled

#3 Post by guinness »

Each member is assigned a number from R0 - R5, the more active the higher your score. So if we take two of the active users here they will probably have a level of R5. So when they vote (by clicking on the thumbs up) this application will get 10 points (5 + 5)

More detail in the FAQ: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... f=4&t=5652