EssentialPIM 1.8 Free, released

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
AlephX

EssentialPIM 1.8 Free, released

#1 Post by AlephX »

This very good calendar and PIM has been updated...
http://www.essentialpim.com/

Portable version: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/es ... oport1.zip

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Version updated. Thanks!

EssentialPIM 1.81 released

#3 Post by Guest »

New release of this useful program...

download
http://www.essentialpim.com/download/es ... mport1.zip

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

Posted to the database. Thanks!

Andrew Lee

#6 Post by Andrew Lee »

Database updated. Thanks!

stacoma

EssentialPIM now at v1.95

#7 Post by stacoma »

EssentialPIM now at v1.95

AlephX

Essentil PIM goes release 2 !?

#8 Post by AlephX »

Hi,
Essential PIM is going to be released as version 2.0. Unfortunately the portable freeware release seems to be quite late. I really hope to see it soon :)

http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=download

Ennovy

EssentialPIM v2.0

#9 Post by Ennovy »

There is a new release of EssentialPIM
You can download it here: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/es ... mport2.zip

What is new in this release:
New in EssentialPIM 2.0

New database engine (Firebird. Open source and powerful. Advanced users can now easily access their database directly)
Complete new interface (you get more calendars, free!)
Multiple sorting in Contacts (use Ctrl+ click to sort)
In Contacts and To Do's- direct editing in main view (without opening a new modal window)

teobromina

The problem with the epim database change

#10 Post by teobromina »

Hi all.

When they changed from 1.8 to 1.9 series, the earlier databases where to be changed to a new format, and now, from 1.9 to 2.0 the same thing happens.

This is adding considerable troubles despite the improvement (still to be proved) of the database engine.

Though that the program itself is updating the database, the problem arises when you maintain different versions of the programs in different computers and you have databases in a portable mean. If you forget to update the program in all the places, there is a risk of not be able to open a renewed database with an old version.

I am migrating all my epim databases to tablepro plain text files based databases. Since text databases are so simple and can be opened by several progams I do not feel 'trapped'. Sorry :cry:

*JT.

teobromina

More (bad news) on new EPIM2

#11 Post by teobromina »

Three weeks after the last post I had changed the version of EPIM from 1.95 to 2.0 in some computers.

But after being using the new database files created by the EPIM2 for some days, I wanted to export a table of contacts to Outlook as I used to do with a EPIM version 1.95.

With big concern I have seen that the new version IS NOT able to do it. Neither I have been able to use the program opening a database placed in a remote network drive.

I have visited the home page of EPIM and there is a table of comparison between the FREE and the PRO version. In the FREE version there is not possible at present to export contacts or any other data to Outlook.

http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=products&pr=provsfree

So I thing probably they plan to keep such valuable features only for the PRO version. Thus I recommend to keep using the old FREE version 1.95.

To behave myself in a logical way I have 'reinstalled' the old 1.95 version in the computers where I had changed the old 1.95 for the new 2.0, I have taken a backup copy of my 1.95 version EPIM databases made some weeks ago, and I had actualized by hand all the changes done the last days, in the old databases to use them back.

So this has been a two way trip... :roll:

Ennovy

#12 Post by Ennovy »

Well, that is a major drawback :cry:

I think it's important to mention in the synopsis of the program.

Or link to the site with the comparison table so you can see all available features in the freeware version of epim2.

doctorfrog

#13 Post by doctorfrog »

Essential PIM Free will IMPORT from and EXPORT to Outlook, but it will not SYNCHRONIZE with Outlook. I don't use Outlook, so I'm not able to verify that the claimed feature works properly, but the intent of the software publisher is to continue to support the manual importing and exporting of Outlook data. If it doesn't currently work, I suggest seeking support via their forums; they're pretty responsive.

teobromina

#14 Post by teobromina »

doctorfrog wrote:Essential PIM Free will IMPORT from and EXPORT to Outlook, but it will not SYNCHRONIZE with Outlook. I don't use Outlook, so I'm not able to verify that the claimed feature works properly, but the intent of the software publisher is to continue to support the manual importing and exporting of Outlook data. If it doesn't currently work, I suggest seeking support via their forums; they're pretty responsive.
OK, doctorfrog: is good idea to visit the EPIM forums. :idea: I will try when I have a moment. I still think EPIM is probably the best PIM app I have ever tested, despite the problem I experienced in the v 2.0.
I am user of Outlook just as 'shuttle' to transfer contacts to other devices like mobile telephones, not as 'end user'. The operation I wanted to perform is a batch transfer of contacts from EPIM 2.0 to Outlook (MSOffice 2003). I encountered problems and wanted to warn other users to be sure before to change the version of EPIM from v 1.95. In case you are unsure, the best, before to do the change, is to make trials with your favorite EPIM functions, and a good back-up. In this way you probably will avoid troubles like the ones I had. :cry:

Ennovy

EssentialPIM v2.02

#15 Post by Ennovy »

Again a new release of EssentialPIM, version 2.02. Mostly bugfixes.
New in EssentialPIM 2.02 (Pro & Free)

Improved some text captions to accommodate some languages
Fixed iCal all day tasks export
Fixed table view for all-day events
Fixed KeyNote files import
Fixed TreePad files import
Fixed WAB exporting errors
Fixed some problems with CSV importing
Fixed issues when moving month events by mouse
Fixed PPC Sync- birthdays
Fixed birthday reminders in Schedule
Fixed F2 editing in To Do
Fixed linking EPIM Today-> Contacts (groups issue)
Fixed small omissions with Outlook synchronization
Fixed hyperlinking of files in Notes
Fixed shift of selection to the next note upon note deletion
Have a nice day :)