RegFromApp - by Nirsoft

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
-.-

#31 Post by -.- »

Make the bat outside of sandbox folder and drag it in, then drag the program in and run it also

wait for it to scan then install program into sandbox and let program find changes

I just stuck the anti-del thing at bottom of ini

pajenn

#32 Post by pajenn »

thanks. works great now.

i tried a bunch of things, including running the bat file first from command prompt, maybe that did it, or something else. Anyway, now it appears to work.

I am Baas

#33 Post by I am Baas »

the accountant

Regfromapp Error Code:65518

#34 Post by the accountant »

Sometimes when i run an app i get this message.

Failed to start with the new selected process. Error Code:65518

However the app still runs although it is slow to load.

I am using Win7 64 bit. I dont know whether this is caused by 64 bit os or if is a .net app.

The errors occurs with Dupeliminator

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dupeliminator/ This checks files by MD5 but includes image viewer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Midas

Re: RegFromApp

#35 Post by Midas »

Old topic update (and a quick note): on occasion, I use Nirsoft's RegFromApp to check portability.

Now v1.23 used to crash a lot (v1.32 seems much improved) and a workaround I often used was to have RegFromApp run with system privileges.

How? With the help of QwertyLabs Run As System, a specialized Windows Run dialog clone (see http://www.qwertylab.com/FreeTools.aspx).

lwc

Re: RegFromApp

#36 Post by lwc »

garbanzo wrote: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:35 pm thanks for the update. that was quick! the developer must be listening. i'm glad he implemented these changes, they have a huge impact on the utility of this app. an instant favorite for sure!
Maybe in the past.
But as once reported here, both the 32 and 64-bit versions nowadays always display "Failed to start with the new selected process. Error code: 299
Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed."
Attachments
Constant error message
Constant error message
error.png (4.18 KiB) Viewed 2869 times