Software promotions

Any other tech-related topics
joby_toss

Re: GiveAwayOfTheDay

#16 Post by joby_toss »

Personal Finances Pro

July 28, 2009

Personal Finances is an elegant, easy, yet technically advanced personal finance manager. Putting budget tracking on auto-pilot, the program will help users to track income, expenses and cut back on unnecessary purchases. The program will also help users to track expected income, spendings and see how much money the user will have at any date in the future. Personal Finances is portable and can run from the USB flash drive.
Features:
  • Set up any number of different accounts, such as credit card, checking account, savings, cash.
    Any number of currencies, categories and sub categories.
    Enter current or scheduled transactions.
    Enter frequent transaction in a click using the QExpense option.
    Use custom transaction fields.
    Define transactions with categories, family members, tags to make detailed reports.
    Sort by fields, search and group transactions by names.
    Analyze financial situation with pie and bar chart reports.
    View all transactions organized by day and account balance on any day in calendar.
    Install the application onto the USB stick.
    Protect financial data with a password.
Home page

joby_toss

#17 Post by joby_toss »

staffingdix wrote:That screen recording software is an easy to use, a powerful and lightweight screen recording program? that is a good software.
Yes, Extra Screen Capture Pro is very easy to use. However, CamStudio is better because it's free.

joby_toss

#18 Post by joby_toss »

Virtual Access Point 2.2

August 26, 2009
  • Virtual Access Point (Virtual AP) – Share your Internet through Wi-Fi. Virtual AP is an easy-to-use software that turns any LAN-connected PC or laptop into a Wi-Fi wireless access point. So anyone nearby can surf the Internet through your sharing.

Also, your iPhone, PDA, mobile or what ever, can enjoy the Internet by connecting to the wireless network broadcasted by Virtual AP. A great idea to cut down your mobile bills, isn’t it?
    This is also an ideal solution for setting up a temporary AP in a hotel room, meeting room, at home or the like.

Home page

Ennovy

Re: Ashampoo Office 2008 - big discount

#19 Post by Ennovy »

Now you can get this software for free.
Read about this offer here: http://for-free-on-internet.com/2009/07 ... ree-again/

Have a nice day :wink:

joby_toss

#20 Post by joby_toss »

Ennovy wrote:Now you can get this software for free.
Read about this offer here: http://for-free-on-internet.com/2009/07 ... ree-again/

Have a nice day :wink:
Thanks!

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

Seems to work -- grab it while its available.

Recommend running basic NTFS compression on the directory, especially if you install the extra translations install. Cuts file size almost in half.

I didn't have the ability to put it on a USB drive and try it out on another computer but I did install in a non-standard directory (on the desktop) and then moved the folder somewhere else. Seemed to work fine, although the settings are still pointing to a created local \My Documents folder for templates. Far from stealth. Edit: Ennovy covers this in the next entry below -- scroll down.

So ... good stuff. Always nice to have another program that will try to open MS Office files. So far I prefer the presentation progam and spreadsheets program over OpenOffice's offering. Also, starts much faster and uses less RAM than OpenOffice.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ennovy

#22 Post by Ennovy »

After installation you can run usbstick.exe to create portable version in desired folder
webfork wrote:Seems to work -- grab it while its available.

I didn't have the ability to put it on a USB drive and try it out on another computer but I did install in a non-standard directory (on the desktop) and then moved the folder somewhere else. Seemed to work fine, although the settings are still pointing to a created local \My Documents folder for templates. Far from stealth.

So ... good stuff. Always nice to have another program that will try to open MS Office files. So far I prefer the presentation progam and spreadsheets program over OpenOffice's offering. Also, starts much faster and uses less RAM than OpenOffice.

m^(2)

#23 Post by m^(2) »

I tried it too some time ago and it didn't work - I guess they patched it.
Ennovy, if you have the working version, could you please check whether the license lets you share it? ;)

Ennovy

#24 Post by Ennovy »

These are the license terms I can find:
You can install it on an arbitrary number of computers, but only one user may run the program at any given time.
I don't know if that's what you mean.
m^(2) wrote:I tried it too some time ago and it didn't work - I guess they patched it.
Ennovy, if you have the working version, could you please check whether the license lets you share it? ;)

ashghost

#25 Post by ashghost »

m^(2) wrote:I tried it too some time ago and it didn't work - I guess they patched it.
It worked just fine for me yesterday. :)

I installed it under Sandboxie and used the "create copy on USB stick" link in the Start Menu. The portable version created a ton of registry cruft on first run, but none of it was settings - settings are stored in a subfolder of the application folder.

-.-

#26 Post by -.- »

works for me

i like it more than open office, faster and smaller
might not have as much, but for word typing/powerpoints its good enough for me

m^(2)

#27 Post by m^(2) »

Indeed, it works, I don't know what did I do wrong back then. :D

Ennovy

WinX DVD Ripper Platinum giveaway until september 30, 20009

#28 Post by Ennovy »

Go to this page : http://www.winxdvd.com/specialoffer/sep09.htm
and download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for free. No registration, just download and use.

I installed it in a sandbox and moved the installation folder outside the sandbox.
Started the software from that folder (again in a sandbox) and noticed that it only creates a file options.ini.
Move that file to the created folder outside the sandbox.
Edit this file to change the output folder and it's even portable.

joby_toss

Re: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum giveaway until september 30, 20009

#29 Post by joby_toss »

Thanks!

Checker

Re: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum giveaway until september 30, 20009

#30 Post by Checker »

That's a gem :D