Norman Malware Cleaner

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SeanJohnShaffer

Norman Malware Cleaner

#1 Post by SeanJohnShaffer »

Application Name: Norman Malware Cleaner

Description: Norman Malware Cleaner is a standalone virus and malware removal tool that can detect and remove specific malicious software (malware) from your PC. The program does not require installation and does not provide proactive protection from future infections. It is designed to clean a computer that has already been infected.

Publisher: Norman ASA
License: Freeware
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista

Norman Malware Cleaner does not contain any adware or spyware. I find it very useful when repairing other computers that have been infected with various types of malware.

Developer's Website: http://www.norman.com

MiDoJo

#2 Post by MiDoJo »

SJS, I'm not seeing this product on their site, could you link it? Also while there check and see if it's .net dependent too (Also as you probably know, a lot of the members don't care about .NET dependecy but just know that andrew probably won't add them to the Site :) )

SeanJohnShaffer

#3 Post by SeanJohnShaffer »

That is the publisher's site but for some reason, I could not find it on their either. You can download the program from MajorGeeks. That is the most recent version at the time of this post. I have scoured the internet looking to see if it requires .NET and I found nothing that stated that fact. I assume it does not. All I found was that it is suggested to run it in Safe Mode and it is not to be used as a substitute for other spyware/malware/virus protection programs.