Jaunte PE features and a suggestion

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
donald

Jaunte PE features and a suggestion

#1 Post by donald »

I know that a lot of apps have a large list of plugins available.

I do not know what is available for Jaunte PE but I would like to suggest a standalone application to help in the use of Jaunte PE and the diagnosis of any problems/errors.

The idea is an application to scan the Jaunte PE settings including the ini file in use etc along with the version of windows and the service pack along with computer stats etc (CPU speed, available space, bios, firmware, just whatever), and of course the dll in use with Jaunte PE and the version number.

If an application like this could be written to copy the relevant info into a .txt file this would aid in all development of launchers and maybe in the development of Jaunte PE itself.

The use of this information would help the new user and potentially the application developer (Thanks for Developing and releasing Jaunte PE Redllar) in sorting out errors and malfunctions, ie; which user based or hardware based issue is it, or even which host cpu program is at fault or is it a genuine issue with Jaunte PE?

crownixx

#2 Post by crownixx »

The tool is already there in the package, JPE Logger to produce the log file for debuging purpose

Or you can also generate the log file using a set of settings, read more in readme.html > The Runtime Ini > Portablizer > Logging