Is there a language setting somewhere in JauntePE portable ?

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
11Notroek77

Is there a language setting somewhere in JauntePE portable ?

#1 Post by 11Notroek77 »

Hallo,

Although JauntePE does work it seems to have a strange language setting. I installed the program Look@Lan first in JantePE shell. With all portable redirections on and aplication specific setting on. Ten I launched the new created executeble with a new icon in JauntePE (without any redirection) and the program worked nicely but all the dialogs were in Italic language (Italy). Normally the program Look@Lan is in Englich although my windows installation is in Dutch (The Netherlands)
I looked for a language setting in some of the JauntePE files (ini) but found nothing!
Does anyone understand this?

Aloys

redllar

#2 Post by redllar »

JPE appears to be buggy on non-english Windows. It will stay that way until someone with a non-english Windows version offers to work with me in testing so that the problems can be corrected.

The upcoming 012 version will have some corrections in place that I made by guessing what the problem might be. It will also have Unicode versions of the launchpad and the built portables. I have no idea if this will solve the problems you encountered though.

phd

#3 Post by phd »

The problem is not in JPE. It's Look@Lan that has a strange language habit. Actually, it should not be considered a 'portable' app. You can choose for english language during install. But then, no matter where you move the runfolder, the program will revert to the default language. Which is italian. I spend an afternoon trying to get it to speak english from on a USB key. No workie...