All In One, N°2: FreePortableApps.info

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
portablewebmaster

All In One, N°2: FreePortableApps.info

#1 Post by portablewebmaster »

Free Portable Apps, N°2

AutoSleep
Autosleep is a very minimalistic utility for shutting down your PC at a specific time.
7 zip
7 zip is a universal extractor of files' type like .zip, .rar etc...this application can also join splitted files (files with .001, 002 as extension)

Portable opera 9.2

Opera is simply the most secure and easy to use browser.With this portable edition you can browse the internet on the go, and also take your history and bookmarked sites whenever you go....100% free of charge
Image Resizer
This free portable application resize images to any size quickly, easily, and in very good quality
µTorrent V1.7.4
µTorrent V1.7.4 is a small and very quick BitTorrent client.
BurnCDCC
BurnCDCC is a free portable utility wich with you can burn ISO files to CD / DVD disc
Winamp
Winamp is the powerful and the very famous audio player. Multiple skins and plug-ins are availables. Please note that skins and plug-ins are portables as well.
Testdisk
This free portable application is a very minimalistic and powerful data recovery software
Srip32
Srip32 is a freeware screen capture utility. With this application you can easily capture different areas of the screen with different manners.

Direct Link for Download Here:

M@tty

#2 Post by M@tty »

What does this achieve for us though?

Seems to just be an ugly looking program launcher...

Ignoring the looks, as obviously that is opinion (sorry if you're the author), seriously what does this do? They are all freeware apps that are already portable, are they not? What benefit does this launcher provide, that say PStart does not?

Does the program allow you to change/choose what Torrent client / MP3 player you want to use?

Your post leaves out much information...

portablewebmaster

#3 Post by portablewebmaster »

sorry for not answering, but the answers are very abvious.

M@tty

#4 Post by M@tty »

Well, from your post actually they are not.

I'm not meaning to crush any creative ideas, but basically all these programs are already in the database, so your program serves no purpose it seems.

freakazoid

#5 Post by freakazoid »

it's an all-in-one package... for people who are too lazy to download each individual app and to configure a launcher... that's what he probably means by "obvious".

might help some, but most people on here like to tinker!

matty, no need to be rude.

M@tty

#6 Post by M@tty »

I wasn't trying to be rude, as I said "I'm not meaning to crush any creative ideas", I'm all for portable application development, my sharp response was in light of his. :wink:

If you're referring to me calling it ugly, like I said - that's opinion. It's neither right nor wrong. :P

I was actually inviting portablewebmaster, who I'm assuming is the creator, to give a more detailed description for his app, because his first post (as it still stands) gives no real reason for anyone to download it apart from curiosity perhaps.

Simon.T

#7 Post by Simon.T »

M@tty wrote:What does this achieve for us though?

Seems to just be an ugly looking program launcher...

Ignoring the looks, as obviously that is opinion (sorry if you're the author), seriously what does this do? They are all freeware apps that are already portable, are they not? What benefit does this launcher provide, that say PStart does not?

Does the program allow you to change/choose what Torrent client / MP3 player you want to use?

Your post leaves out much information...
Matty is soooooo... right!
by the way, this launcher reminds me those old days (2 - 3 years ago, before I knew about TPFC and OpenSource) when I used to be this little pirate user :P
Here are some of this memories... AIO (all in one "something") password searchers etc. << Bah! phazeddl <<< do not get in there!! full of trojans viruses etc.

talking about pirate stuff... I think that I have one more software to suggest to TPFC

Charon ... Searches Google for open proxies and includes a full anonymity checker.

This is the follow up to the proxy filtering program Calamity. It provides a fully customisable way of filtering out unwanted proxies via control files, a proxy tester to check anonymity - and a fully functional search engine crawler to find lists of posted proxies. Included within the kit is a php checker which can be uploaded to your own webspace to spread the processor load and bandwidth of the actual testing. This is fully integrated into Charon where it will simply send your pages lists of proxies and harvest the results.

Latest version (0.6) Available here

Simon.T

#8 Post by Simon.T »

Bahamut

#9 Post by Bahamut »

I do realize that this is probably meant for people who are too lazy to download the apps individually and create their own "suite" but there are much better AIO suites out there. For example, PortableApps.com Suite. No offense to the author of the program, as I am not aware of who that is. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents to this thread that I happened to come across while trolling this forum, looking for old data that I might find useful.

nycjv321

#10 Post by nycjv321 »

@portablewebmaster ignore the bashing please lol, do these work with launchers or what? also why no individual downloads?

and "with time it shall grow"

(also I would check out halite instead of utorrent since it has gone to the dark side :), also what about xmplay instead of winamp?)

grace

#11 Post by grace »

suggestions or other better ones are acceptable, but no rude, why can't u do something well for us

Simon.T

#12 Post by Simon.T »

nycjv321 wrote:(also I would check out halite instead of utorrent since it has gone to the dark side :)
Hmm... you might want to use this script.

you'll need Greasemonkey for it. :wink:

portablewebmaster

#13 Post by portablewebmaster »

grace wrote:suggestions or other better ones are acceptable, but no rude, why can't u do something well for us
Thank's grace ...