Cub Rummy - card game

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Checker

Cub Rummy - card game

#1 Post by Checker »

Nice game!

If you like "Rummikub", than this is your game.

After installing to your PC you can copy the folder to your USB and deinstall from your PC.
All settings are stored within this folder. I didn't check for "real" portability (stealth etc.), but this works fine for me.

Download: http://www.rummigame.com/cubrummy/

garbanzo

#2 Post by garbanzo »

It contains no spyware, no viruses, it does not pop up ads on your screen, it does not collect personal information from you and it sends no information over the internet.

aaw, what fun is that?

haha - thanks for the post, this looks great! i don't know the game, but it looks like something i'll enjoy :)

Checker

#3 Post by Checker »

You'll find the rules of the game via: help->contents->rules

MiDoJo

#4 Post by MiDoJo »

Is it still ok to use/post this
EULA of this Game wrote:You may not publish, display, disclose, rent, lease,
modify, loan, distribute, or create derivative works based
on the Software or any part thereof. You may not reverse
engineer, decompile, adapt, or disassemble the Software,
nor shall you attempt to create the source code from the
object code for the Software. You may not transmit the
Software over any network or between any devices, although
you may use the Software to make such transmissions of
other materials.

Queue

#5 Post by Queue »

EULA of this Game wrote:You may not publish, display, disclose, rent, lease, modify, loan, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Software or any part thereof. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, adapt, or disassemble the Software, nor shall you attempt to create the source code from the object code for the Software. You may not transmit the Software over any network or between any devices, although you may use the Software to make such transmissions of other materials.
''Display'' is the only word that really caught my eye. Does that mean TPFC couldn't show a screenshot of the program? I don't think any of those words would prevent a written summary or link to the website though. ''Disclose'' might be interpreted as not allowing a summary, but also could be more literal: like you can't specifically cite any text that occurs in the software.

I guess ''adapt'' could apply to making it portable, though if the software is inherently portable there should be no issue.

Queue

sleepydvdr

#6 Post by sleepydvdr »

Wow. For a game that looks cute, fun, and brags loudly about how free it is... those are some pretty tight usage rules. The software developer might want to loosen up a little.

sleepydvdr

#7 Post by sleepydvdr »

You may not transmit the Software over any network or between any devices, although you may use the Software to make such transmissions of other materials.
Did he just give us permission to use his software to do devious things to other software? :wink: lol... kidding...

MiDoJo

#8 Post by MiDoJo »

sleepydvdr wrote:Did he just give us permission to use his software to do devious things to other software? :wink: lol... kidding...
hahahahaha I've successfully use Cub Rummy to make my entire SQL/.NET based Medical Practice Management Suite Portable :-P

Ok seriously though I think he must've just used a boiler Plate EULA Because (as was said above) this License seem very restrictive; although, I have seen the power of this forum, maybe we can get him to grant license to us to porti it. I've been using it porti since the thread started and even checked with regshot and regfromapp and it seems porti (didn't see anything in my vista Application data ether.

I loved RummyKub as a child, was reintroduced to it about a month ago at a party and now this game.

"Let's see the Judges Reaction. . . Judges? Come on Judges React!"
Perfect Hair