LiberKey - Portable sofware suite

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
opendev

LiberKey - Portable sofware suite

#1 Post by opendev »

[Moderator note:
  • This is the primary Liberkey program thread. View database entry]
  • Comments concerning issues by some users with this software have been moved to a separate thread: LibreKey Concerns.]

----

Hello !

Have a look to the LiberKey with about 220 portables softwares.

lococobra

#2 Post by lococobra »

This probably should have been posted in the resources and links section. Looks pretty good though, it would be a good starting place for people who don't want to hasle with creating their own software collections from this site.

ashghost

LiberKey

#3 Post by ashghost »

That's an excellent collection. I have well over half of those on my USB drive.

Blows the doors off the collections I downloaded (with lots of out-of-date stuuf and just crap) back when I started building my own collection of portable software.

MiDoJo

#4 Post by MiDoJo »

Maybe admins would be so nice as to provide a forum index (i.e. a section of the forum) dedicated to peoples collections.

Bahamut

#5 Post by Bahamut »

I would like that cuz I have quite a large collection, most of which I either made myself. It's too bad that the site has a download limitation.

opendev

#6 Post by opendev »

Bahamut wrote:It's too bad that the site has a download limitation.
In fact, if you are registered, you have no limit for the number of download per day (for non registered users the limit is 5 download per day in order to save bandwidth).
This limitation will be certainly removed when others download servers will be installed !
For information, an english forum is going to open in 2 weeks on the site.

HappyPCGuy

avoid liberkey

#7 Post by HappyPCGuy »

i tried liberkey once and i saw just what alan said here:
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/view ... 2176#12176

it was just the apps from portableapps.com and liberkey took away the splash, help, source, gpl license and stuff. this was months ago i saw this. now all their 'new' stuff is closed source so you can't tell what's going on. and you have to give them your email to do stuff like download updates. i avoid them. if you use them, scan them for viruses and spyware really really good.

also, i would not trust what 'opendev' says. he runs liberkey and just joined portablefreeware.com to spam.

Local

#8 Post by Local »

Looks like a decent suite -as they go- I never really saw the point in full suite downloads though.

I guess it is a good timesaver for those who want to load a usb stick quickly but I always find loads of apps I just wouldn't use in them.

That said, the standard suite is looking pretty good right now although I'm not sure about the inclusion of paint.net.

opendev

Re: avoid liberkey

#9 Post by opendev »

HappyPCGuy wrote:i tried liberkey once and i saw just what alan said here:
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/view ... 2176#12176

it was just the apps from portableapps.com and liberkey took away the splash, help, source, gpl license and stuff. this was months ago i saw this. now all their 'new' stuff is closed source so you can't tell what's going on. and you have to give them your email to do stuff like download updates. i avoid them. if you use them, scan them for viruses and spyware really really good.

also, i would not trust what 'opendev' says. he runs liberkey and just joined portablefreeware.com to spam.
You must cease these excessively serious charges. LIBERKEY IS VIRUS FREE. We constantly communicated, in all transparency, on the problem of the false-positives. Instead of diffusing this type of misinformation, you need to connect to the Home page of LiberKey website and read this article.
As for the other elements of your message, you defer to the following answer

Christophe Peuch (opendev)
LiberKey Project Manager

Napiophelios

Another PenDrive Collection: Liberkey

#10 Post by Napiophelios »

Liberkey Homepage

Software List

I havent tried it yet but looks interesting enough.
Nice collection of utilities.

Code: Select all

Main assets of LiberKey 

100% mobility with portable softwares 

A rigorous selection among more than 1800 softwares 

Updates of LiberKey directly by Internet 

You can temporarily associate files extensions (.avi, .jpg, doc.,…) with LiberKey softwares 

Optimization of launching and installed size 

And, it is free, without virus, spyware, adware, popup, etc.

GeddichNixan

#11 Post by GeddichNixan »

Has already been discussed on this forum with participation of one of the developers. It was closed source than so it is rather a no go for me.

Enter "Liberkey" in the search field and see what it yields.

noaven

Re: LiberKey - Portable sofware suite

#12 Post by noaven »

Big BRAVO to liberkey guys!!!

The available App's are more than 300 now!!
Very great collection!

Also i run the beta 5 menu which should be marked as stable imo... it run so great!!

I used to have 100+ portable apps and spend much time for finding new updates and apply them one by one !
Now i add any app i want with a single click and i know that i always will be having the latest version at maximum 2 days after the original update (normally in a few minutes lol)

Also there was a big propaganda that liberkey was illegal but this is not true (or it is not true anymore)!

When the ccleanner license changed i remember the removed the app from liberkey until they had a new permission from ccleanner side

For the open source apps the license file is included too to every app and there is a use notice on the first start of any app!

Liberkey thank you so much!
You bring NEW things to us and it is very respected!

flector

#13 Post by flector »

I've found several useful apps in the Liberkey Ultimate suite. It's also not a half-bad app launcher.

Andrew Lee

#14 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have added LiberKey to the database: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2306

Not sure why nobody has done it before.

The reason why I have started to use LiberKey is detailed here.

smaragdus

Re: LiberKey 5.8.1129

#15 Post by smaragdus »

LiberKey is at version 5.8.1129, is there any special reason why the database entry hasn't been updated?