MKVcleaver

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Joe

Re: MKVcleaver

#16 Post by Joe »

SYSTEM wrote:I know, but I didn't want to make extraction instructions too long.
I understand completely. I think it's just a matter of proper wording. IMHO, you can make the following amendments...
  • "2. Download MKVToolNix 7zip portable package and extract using 7-zip to any folder"

"4. On first launch, click "Locate MKVToolNix", browse to the mkvtoolnix folder and select it"
Wouldn't that be clearer?

SYSTEM

#17 Post by SYSTEM »

Joe wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:I know, but I didn't want to make extraction instructions too long.
I understand completely. I think it's just a matter of proper wording. IMHO, you can make the following amendments...
  • "2. Download MKVToolNix 7zip portable package and extract using 7-zip to any folder"

"4. On first launch, click "Locate MKVToolNix", browse to the mkvtoolnix folder and select it"
Wouldn't that be clearer?
Indeed, that works. I made some of the amendments you suggested.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Joe

#18 Post by Joe »

SYSTEM wrote:Indeed, that works. I made some of the amendments you suggested.
Great. :wink:

juverax

#19 Post by juverax »

MKVcleaver v.0.8.0.0 released: https://blogs.sapib.ca/apps/v-0-8-0-0-released/

Moved from MSI to InnoInstaller: https://blogs.sapib.ca/apps/new-inno-installer/
"Moved from MSI to Inno Setup installer due to ease of coding and the ability to script the installer routine better with Pascal.

The portable version of MKVCleaver is now a part of the installer.
You must run the installer to get the Portable version.
Follow the instruction included in the installation wizard."