No versions of JauntePE available any more?

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
grannyGeek

No versions of JauntePE available any more?

#1 Post by grannyGeek »

I'm sorry if I missed a post, but have all the download links been taken down?

I ask because I've recommended JPE to some folks, and no one can download any version.

If it has been "taken off the market" for the time being, can an announcement be stickied so visitors will know it isn't available right now?

I'd appreciate any clarification of the situation, thanks.

gG

Zach Thibeau

Well

#2 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Throw me a PM and I'll throw you an email with the latest copy I have (which is JuantePE 0.1.6 corrected 2 Me thinks)

grannyGeek

#3 Post by grannyGeek »

thank you for your kind offer.

I take it that this means the download links in the "JauntePE Distributables" sticky are down for good ???

redllar

#4 Post by redllar »

I didn't think anyone else still wanted that stuff. And I needed/still need the space to send files to others. I'll try and note it when I get the time.

Zach Thibeau

No Problem

#5 Post by Zach Thibeau »

redllar wrote:I didn't think anyone else still wanted that stuff. And I needed/still need the space to send files to others. I'll try and note it when I get the time.
No Problem Just say the word and I can host them for you and give you ftp access too if you want to make changes to a certain release :) in fact I'd be honored to host you redllar for as long as you need the space and bandwidth is great so the downloads will be up safe for the public :)

freeportfire

Popularity

#6 Post by freeportfire »

Redllar, I am sure there are hundreds of people are using JPE. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be. Why haven't you been able to get it its own website? If there was a site, I know there would be thousands of users very quickly. You could get donations and everything. Also, you could possibly hook up with www.portableapps.com.

Kranor

#7 Post by Kranor »

Redllar we apologise for this post please be assured that we will take the originator of this post to one side and quietly educate him..................

Freeportfire

1. redllar did have his own site a while back. For reasons we won't go into that site was shutdown by redllar.

2. When you spend as much time as redllar does coding apps, supporting older apps and generally protecting us inept users :o from our own stupidity, you don't always have a lot of time to manage a full blown website.

3. Thousands of users result in thousands of changes to be made.

4. As far as redllar is concerned portableapps.com is his own version of portable hell, it is not a site mentioned on this specific section of the forum for good reasons.

redllar I hope that covers everything and that you do not require any other education to be carried out (such as slowly roasting testicles over an open fire) :lol: