My Mobile has very sound output.

Discuss hardware related to portable usage, including the kind of storage devices people use, and how they use them.
Mike Miller
Location: 1401 K St NW ,Washington, D.C. United States of America

My Mobile has very sound output.

#1 Post by Mike Miller »

My phone is three years old and has very weak audio output. Watching movies or listening to music in public places becomes very frustrating.

I tried exploring various volume booster apps on the App Store, only to find that most require expensive subscriptions, costing up to €11 per week.

Do any of you have suggestions or know of an alternative way to enhance the audio volume on my phone?

Midas

Re: My Mobile has very sound output.

#2 Post by Midas »

You don't specify what phone that is (iOS, Android)?

On Android and although it requires rooting, my best bet would be ViPER@Android (related info at viewtopic.php?t=23314)...

SYSTEM

#3 Post by SYSTEM »

If it's an Android phone, another thing you could try is installing a full-blown custom ROM. Those usually allow you to exceed usual volume safety limits. To find them you can search XDA-Developers forums, or outright type "[phone model] custom rom" in your favorite search engine.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

Do you use a set of bluetooth headset? Because I find different bluetooth headsets have different loudness.

h3kt0r

#5 Post by h3kt0r »

You probably need a DAC like this one

Pair it with decent earbuds or IEM and you're good to go...

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

h3kt0r wrote: ... DAC like this one
Cool, had never seen one of those. :o

OTOH, my last few smartphones all came with inbuilt DACs; what was lacking, after some research, was adequate support from the manufacturer's stock system. Not wanting to delve into it any deeper than I absolutely have to, ViPER4Android with a custom ROM never fails to totally upgrade my sound experience... :mrgreen:

(E.g., see https://github.com/AndroidAudioMods/ViPER4Android or https://github.com/WSTxda/ViperFX-RE-Releases)