M3U Dropper v0.58

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
flector

M3U Dropper v0.58

#1 Post by flector »

Changes:
* Filename column added
* Right clicking a file opens a context menu
* Various other tweaks and bug fixes

Web Site: http://home.comcast.net/~enitzsche/m3u_dropper/
Version Notes: http://home.comcast.net/~enitzsche/m3u_ ... notes.html
Portable Freeware Link: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1811

flector

Re: M3U Dropper v0.58

#2 Post by flector »

App is now at v0.59.

Changes:
* Toolbar added
* List font is user-selectable
* Added a "Focus previous selected" function
* "Focus next selected" now places the next selected item at the top of the visible list
* Added a "New instance with selected" function that creates a new instance of the app with a starting list of currently selected items
* Various other tweaks and minor improvements

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

> Toolbar added

Wow. The toolbar is so obvious and really gives it a closer feel to the media players its supposed to work with. I think some of the icons could be a little more clear (big "A" means sort by path?) but its a big update. I can make some icon suggestions if you need.

> Added a "New instance with selected" function that creates a new instance of the app with a starting list of currently selected items

This is so perfect. Like the toolbar, its not something I would have thought of but now that its there, I couldn't do without.

> List font is user-selectable

I can't figure out how to do this.

> "Focus next selected" now places the next selected item at the top of the visible list

I couldn't get this to work. Nor the "Focus previous selected" function

Other issues:
* When selecting a bunch of files and choosing "clear selections" from the toolbar, nothing happened.
* When selecting a different media player than the default, I had to uncheck "use default player" twice. Also, I would change this checkbox to "Ignore above entry and use system default."

Tested with Foobar2000, IrfanView -- worked great
Tested with Winamp -- would not accept whole directory M3U (can't use "just drop the folder" when prompted). May want to put something in the prompt about that if there's room.

Finally, I don't know if you had it in the last version or not but the Temporary Playlist button is also great.

flector

#4 Post by flector »

I actually tried futzing around with a quoted reply, but it was a hassle.

> Toolbar added

Wow. The toolbar is so obvious and really gives it a closer feel to the media players its supposed to work with. I think some of the icons could be a little more clear (big "A" means sort by path?) but its a big update. I can make some icon suggestions if you need.
I totally suck at icon drawing, particularly small icon drawing. The idea is there for future improvement though.

> Added a "New instance with selected" function that creates a new instance of the app with a starting list of currently selected items

This is so perfect. Like the toolbar, its not something I would have thought of but now that its there, I couldn't do without.
It was already possible to do this by opening another instance and dragging links across, but now it's obvious.

> List font is user-selectable

I can't figure out how to do this.
Misc->Change List Font seems to work

> "Focus next selected" now places the next selected item at the top of the visible list

I couldn't get this to work. Nor the "Focus previous selected" function
Can't duplicate this behavior, seems to work

Other issues:
* When selecting a bunch of files and choosing "clear selections" from the toolbar, nothing happened.
Try selecting all (Ctrl+A), then Alt+Left, Alt+Right

* When selecting a different media player than the default, I had to uncheck "use default player" twice. Also, I would change this checkbox to "Ignore above entry and use system default."
There are still outstanding issues re: what app launches what file. "Use media player" means just send the link to Windoze generically.

Tested with Foobar2000, IrfanView -- worked great
Tested with Winamp -- would not accept whole directory M3U (can't use "just drop the folder" when prompted). May want to put something in the prompt about that if there's room.
For the moment, folders are launched to explorer.exe. Foobar (possibly alone) accepts folders as valid playlist items, and reads everything in the folder

Finally, I don't know if you had it in the last version or not but the Temporary Playlist button is also great.

FYI, relative playlists are completely broken in all forms in VLC 1.1.3; they worked fine in earlier versions.

flector

#5 Post by flector »

Fresh zip/source files uploaded... Ctrl+I launches a new instance with selected files.

flector

#6 Post by flector »

Now at v0.61

Checker

#7 Post by Checker »

Thanks ... and updated :wink:

flector

#8 Post by flector »

Now at v0.66.

Changes:
* Portable or non-portable playlists can be generated
* Recursive folder drops display a progress dialog
* Other changes: http://home.comcast.net/~enitzsche/m3u_ ... notes.html

Edit, now at v0.661.

Brutal error found, fixed: ., .. and all sub-folders were being added as links in recursive folder drops when *.* or * was one of the file specifications.