ASuite - application launcher

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
El Salvador

#106 Post by El Salvador »

Yes, Bassiliin. And I hope to release 1.5 stable version this weekend. :D

Local

#107 Post by Local »

Thanks for looking El Salvador, my setup is exactly the same as I used on version 4.
I have

General:
Hold window size
HIde Tab Sets
HIde Tab Search
Active Background (With Jpeg relative path selected)
English.xml Language file

Nothing else ticked.

Advanced:

Nothing ticked

Various:

On execution Just run file

Enable System tray Icon
(I tried both classic and skinned menu)
Left click show window

Nothing else ticked

When I left click on the system tray icon the window shows but with no background image.
If I then go into the option menu and untick the active background then re-tick it the image shows again.

Does this help more?

El Salvador

#108 Post by El Salvador »

I can't reproduce it. But I make a special asuite build (nearly stable, a RC version :) ) to find the cause of this bug.

Steps:
- Just to be sure, backup your asuite.xml and asuite.exe
- Replace beta's asuite.exe with special build
- Execute it
- Show window from system trayicon
- If background doesn't work, re-tick active background from options
- Close ASuite

Now, in your ASuite folder you will find a new file named DebugBG.txt. Paste its content here.

bassiliin

#109 Post by bassiliin »

in ASuite you can write info about program added to list (description, rating, notes). But why is Rating box so huge? Most of time rating is like 2/5 or some stars (*****) or just some word like excellent, good, etc. because info field is not sizeable i'm having lack of space in Notes and Description fields and I don't like these silly scrollbars :P.
So my suggestion would be that Rating box to move to bottom (or top) and only 1 (visible) row.
To be honest I'll never rate my programs and music because what i have they're all excellent ;) (no need to collect sh*t)

El Salvador

#110 Post by El Salvador »

But why is Rating box so huge?
It is for long opinion like this (from virtual clone's review by softpedia):
Virtual CloneDrive is extremely easy to use (it is just a matter of selecting the number of drives you need) and performs beautifully with all supported image formats.
Although quite simple, the application can be improved and there is plenty of room for adding more functionality, thus expanding its list of features.

On ASuite, this opinion fills 6 lines. :)
To be honest I'll never rate my programs and music because what i have they're all excellent
:wink:

joby_toss

#111 Post by joby_toss »

Version 1.5 is out and ,untill now, it seems to be simply amazing!
Thank you!

El Salvador

ASuite 1.5 stable version released

#112 Post by El Salvador »

I released ASuite 1.5 stable version. For who doesn't know it, ASuite is an application launcher to manage an unlimited number of files, folders and webpage for quick access. It is designed to work with removable storage (uses relative paths) media like USB sticks, hard drives, iPods, etc.

Major changes
Added
- Support environment variables in pathes
- New launcher options
- Software Group: Change (file or folder) path order
- Startup and shutdown order software
- New default menu in xp style (with changeable folder structure)
- Dialog Run As
- Numbers and WinButton in hotkey

Various
- Rewrited Update System and FormMagnet
- New icons: category symbol and menu item Run
- Updated lang: French, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, German
- Added lang: Danish, Korean, Norwegian, Slovak, Romanian
- Changed windows Import List, Card, About and Options
- Updated Import List

Bugfixes

Project page (on sourceforge)

Download

Full changelog

Thanks everybody for your help and support (see topic).

El Salvador

#113 Post by El Salvador »

Sorry for late. :oops:

Yes, version 1.5 is out (see new topic on this forum), after 1 year of development. I'm very proud of this version. :D

blueSHIFT

#114 Post by blueSHIFT »

Hey, that's a great piece of software! Thank You!

would be cool to see the following features in upcoming releases of ASuite:

1. Allow for hotkeys with CTRL+Win+ALT. (PStart can do this, so I think it's not to hard to implement this. :D )

2. "folder expansion": I think this is not so easy to implement... but it would be great to have an auto-expand feature (like for the documents folder in the windows start menu) for folders added to the ASuite menu. Left click on a file in these folders (in the tray menu!) would open it with the default application like in windows explorer. (The possibility to copy/move files to these folders by drag and drop would top it :wink:)

Again many thanks for your efforts in developing ASuite!

blueSHIFT

Local

#115 Post by Local »

Well any problems that I had with the previous version are now gone.
A truly great and functional launcher. Pretty too.

Thanks again for all the work, this one's a must have for portable freaks.

El Salvador

#116 Post by El Salvador »

Well any problems that I had with the previous version are now gone.
Perfect. :D
1. Allow for hotkeys with CTRL+Win+ALT. (PStart can do this, so I think it's not to hard to implement this. Very Happy )
Good, I will add it in next version (1.5.1). :)
2. "folder expansion": I think this is not so easy to implement... but it would be great to have an auto-expand feature (like for the documents folder in the windows start menu) for folders added to the ASuite menu. Left click on a file in these folders (in the tray menu!) would open it with the default application like in windows explorer. (The possibility to copy/move files to these folders by drag and drop would top it Wink)
It is interesting feature. Maybe (if there is time :) ) I will add it in next version.

bassiliin

#117 Post by bassiliin »

And another requests:

* If adding programs with scan I'd like to have option to choose if programs are added to list
a) like now default is that the subfolders are created and .exe (or whatever the scanning extension is) in it or
b) only the list of found .exe (or whatever the scanning extension is) files (if I remeber correct, it was so in previous version of ASuite)

* If clicking in ASuite's icon in systray then programs list shows up. Is it possible to make such feature if user selects program folder from list, opens it then program file (some .exe or whatever) is list and hovers over the list of programs or also over MRU list then same program info window will be opened as in list when adding programs?

here's a sample:

El Salvador

#118 Post by El Salvador »

* If clicking in ASuite's icon in systray then programs list shows up. Is it possible to make such feature if user selects program folder from list, opens it then program file (some .exe or whatever) is list and hovers over the list of programs or also over MRU list then same program info window will be opened as in list when adding programs?
But you can show software card from main window. :)

I just made a news on future versions of ASuite on my website. This is a small quote on ASuite 2.0:
ASuite 2.0
In almost 2 development years (from last rewrited of ASuite), ASuite reached almost 10.000 lines of code.

In the last months, I resolved to rewrite ASuite, to improve its performance, to improve code structure and to implement new features (they doesn't possible in actual development branch). For this, I will begin a new development branch (2.x). It will use a new locale and a plugin systems.
And another quote on ASuite 1.5.x:
ASuite 1.5.x
ASuite 2.0 development will require much time and for this period of time, I don't develop other stable version with new features. But I will develop only minor version of ASuite 1.5, with bugfixes and tweaks. So, meanwhile of ASuite 2.0, you will have best and most stable ASuite 1.5.

CrazyJohnny

#119 Post by CrazyJohnny »

Holy amazing! Former die hard PStarter, stayed up till 2 last night switching over to ASuite! :) Total hats of to you El Salvador!

My mind is blown. I love it, especially MRU. Thanks for all your hard work and constant updates and improvements.

Here's some things that would be nice:
>ability to add more than 4 Menu Folders
>double click tray icon to bring up window
>Ability to change 'ASuite v1.5' (in panel & tray)

Much better than either PStart or PA launcher. Thanks again!

risk

#120 Post by risk »

CrazyJohnny wrote:Holy amazing! Former die hard PStarter, stayed up till 2 last night switching over to ASuite! :)
Sorry to break it to you CrazyJohnny but for future reference, ASuite has an import feature that works with PStart's XML file!