Aegisub 2.1.8

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
CodesAway

Aegisub 2.1.8

#1 Post by CodesAway »

Aegisub version 2.1.8 has been released. You can read the release article on their site.
About Aegisub wrote:Aegisub is an advanced subtitle editor for Windows, and UNIX-like systems, such as Linux, Mac OS X and BSD. It is open source software and free for any use.

Aegisub natively works with the Advanced SubStation Alpha format (aptly abbreviated ASS) which allows for many advanced effects in the subtitles, apart from just basic timed text. Aegisub's goal is to support using these advanced functions with ease.
I have updated the portable freeware entry for Aegisub.

Please favorite this so that it can become public and others can find it more easily.

webfork

Re: Aegisub 2.1.8

#2 Post by webfork »

I just edited this entry so it was a bit clearer and easier to read. I'm not sure whether the original author intended people to download the portable version or not -- not really clear. If you read the changelog it says the portable version is missing a component so ... *shrug*.

Also, the license is a complete mystery. I have no idea what BSDL is as a brief internet search turned up convoluted results, and many of the components have a wide variety of other licenses.

donald

Re:Portable Aegisub 2.1.8

#3 Post by donald »

The portable version (untested AFAIK) has only one missing component.

The missing component is
ASSDraw3
a search of the web and the Aegisub homepage and forums leads me to the conclusion that this is a drawing component.

Unless you need to draw shapes this might not be missed.

the_watcher

Re: Aegisub 2.1.8

#4 Post by the_watcher »

I've updated the entry for Aegisub, as i stumbled upon it. It is now at version 3.2.0. i've also added a note i found at the application's download page, which states that "Note: The 64-bit version is not recommended even on 64-bit versions of Windows. It does not include support for Avisynth, is often slower, and has had occasional bugs not present in the 32-bit version."

@webfork : should we also merge that thread with this one?