[Zhornsoftware] Stickies [reminder utility]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Checker

Stickies 7.0b

#16 Post by Checker »

That's no big mystery :lol:
If you like it the way I did, you have to insert the link this way:
xxx= http... (the weblink)
zzz= your text (like my versionnumber).
Theoretically you can insert a smilie ( :wink: )

guinness

Re: Stickies 6.7a

#17 Post by guinness »

Database has been updated :!:

Midas

#18 Post by Midas »

Stickies v8.0c released (changelog at http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/versions.html).

@Ennovy, webfork: since the present is Stickies official forum topic, please remove version info from OP. Thanks. :)

Ennovy

#19 Post by Ennovy »

Midas wrote: @Ennovy: since the present is Stickies official forum topic, please remove version info from OP. Thanks. :)
Done

Checker

#20 Post by Checker »

Midas wrote:Stickies v8.0c released ...
Thanks ... and updated :wink:

smaragdus

Re: Stickies

#21 Post by smaragdus »

I will stick to Stickies version 8.0c, the new Manage dialog is unbearably ugly,
Modern UI look and feel
no, thanks.

webfork

#22 Post by webfork »

billon mentioned some alternative extraction methods for Stickies but I'm only seeing one file (stickies.exe) coming up in either 7-zip or Uniextract.

It's important because I'd like to make it easier to get the program going (skip the install process) but I don't want to post something that excludes the program help file.

I am Baas

#23 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:billon mentioned some alternative extraction methods for Stickies but I'm only seeing one file (stickies.exe) coming up in either 7-zip or Uniextract.
What version of 7-Zip did you use?

I extracted the stickies_setup_9.0a.exe installer with 7-Zip v15.14 and got 2 files:

1. stickies.exe
2. !!!_stickies_setup_9.0a.sfx - extract it and you will get the stickies.chm file

billon

#24 Post by billon »

I am Baas wrote:I extracted the stickies_setup_9.0a.exe installer with 7-Zip v15.14 and got 2 files:

1. stickies.exe
2. !!!_stickies_setup_9.0a.sfx - extract it and you will get the stickies.chm file
:?: :?: :?:
Attachments
stickies-7zip_1.png
stickies-7zip_2.png

I am Baas

#25 Post by I am Baas »

Yes, billon, I get the same results following your method, I was just trying it in a different way.

2016-05-04_131735.jpg

billon

#26 Post by billon »

How you did it?

I am Baas

#27 Post by I am Baas »

billon wrote:How you did it?
This is quite embarrassing, I could only replicate this result using Universal Extractor (koros mod). I do not know right now how I got it the first time around but koros mod uses 7-zip to extract the installer as well. Will investigate later.

donald

#28 Post by donald »

Stickies v9.0a Modern UI look and feel

A clone of every awful modern UI mess but ...

I would be willing to try another awful modern UI mess except the Manage Menu is not resizable and will not fit my screen.

As you can see with this full screen, screenshot the non Resizable Manage Menu is not really usable.

I must downgrade until this is addressed.

Has anyone else run into this issue.

Has anyone contacted the software authore regarding the UI mess? (have no doubt I will mail him)

smaragdus

#29 Post by smaragdus »

@donald
I find Stickies modern GUI so deplorable that I have never considered to upgrade my old Stickies version 8.0c. When developers lose all common sense and aesthetics embracing the modern ugliness for me it is useless to contact them. The flat ugliness is not a fly in the ointment, it is a whale in the ointment. For me PNotes version 9.3.0 is a good alternative to Stickies. Actually PNotes is no longer developed- it has been superseded by PNotes.NET which has more features but it is slower, requires .NET and I would not recommend it.