tabbyFile v1.2

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
brad

tabbyFile v1.2

#1 Post by brad »

Hello..

tabbyFile v1.2 has been completely reengineered & is leaps and bounds better & faster than v1.1, details at:
http://bradlima.com/index.php?page=tabbyFile

#2 Post by Guest »

Database updated. Thanks!

Yucca

#3 Post by Yucca »

The new version (1.2) adds a very annoying popup nag screen every time the program is opened -- or even restored from the tray. That is, the popup is not just the first time the program is opened, but every time it is restored from the tray.

This frequent nag screen behavior completely outweighs any speed increase in the new vesion. I don't mind a single nag once a day or when the program is initially opened each session, but every time I restore the program from the tray is way too much.

This was a nice program but is now just an annoyance. I don't recommend it anymore.

Yucca

EDIT:
This nag screen issue seems to be a problem that goes away after the program is closed the first time and reopened. See my response below to Fluffy.
Last edited by Yucca on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffy

#4 Post by Fluffy »

Yucca wrote:The new version (1.2) adds a very annoying popup nag screen every time the program is opened -- or even restored from the tray. That is, the popup is not just the first time the program is opened, but every time it is restored from the tray.

This frequent nag screen behavior completely outweighs any speed increase in the new vesion. I don't mind a single nag once a day or when the program is initially opened each session, but every time I restore the program from the tray is way too much.

This was a nice program but is now just an annoyance. I don't recommend it anymore.

Yucca
I have no such nag screen.

Yucca

#5 Post by Yucca »

Fluffy wrote: I have no such nag screen.
After Fluffy's post, I reopened TabbyFile 1.2 and found the nag screen has gone away. That's great, because I have liked this program.

I expect the issue was that I had never actually closed the program, only reduced it to the tray before now. Each time I restored it to the desktop, the nag screen with a photo of a cat came back. That was what frustrated me, because it appeared the nag screen was going to appear everytime I called up the program even from the tray. Apparently, that is not the case.

OK, thanks Fluffy. I now like the program again.

Yucca

fitzbean

#6 Post by fitzbean »

Whoops, sorry guys. It's not meant to be a nag screen at all. It's just meant to pop up when there is no tabbyFile.ini (first time it's run in essense), except I guess it's hitting that code block when the application is restored from the tray, and if it's never been closed, there's still no tabbyFile.ini ... my bad, I'll work in a fix for v1.3

Thanks
brad

Yucca

#7 Post by Yucca »

fitzbean wrote:Whoops, sorry guys. It's not meant to be a nag screen at all. It's just meant to pop up when there is no tabbyFile.ini (first time it's run in essense), except I guess it's hitting that code block when the application is restored from the tray, and if it's never been closed, there's still no tabbyFile.ini ... my bad, I'll work in a fix for v1.3

Thanks
brad
Brad,

I don't think this is a very serious issue. I just didn't understand initially that the reminder screen would stop after the .ini file was created. Fortunately, Fluffy corrected my misunderstanding on that.

I really like the program and use it regularly.

Thanks.

Yucca