SoftwareOK updates

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
I am Baas

Re: SoftwareOK updates

#31 Post by I am Baas »

Stud_PE Binary comparison:

Files are identical.

guinness

#32 Post by guinness »

I am Baas wrote:Stud_PE Binary comparison:

Files are identical.
Thanks for testing.

romulous

#33 Post by romulous »

guinness wrote:Thanks for testing.
Seconded.

Well, that clears up the question of the "updates" I guess. Very sad. :(

Midas

#34 Post by Midas »

romulous wrote:Seconded.

Well, that clears up the question of the "updates" I guess. Very sad. :(
Thirded... :evil:

Checker

#35 Post by Checker »

Well it's obviously this version:
romulous wrote:1. The author is making no changes, except to the version number (ala MuseTips Text Filter).
But: The author is permanently telling us, that the updates includes fixes, optimizations and improvements ... and that's not o.k. Image

romulous

#36 Post by romulous »

It's a shame his programs are still being bumped up to the front page (NewFileTime), it only encourages the behaviour.

Midas

#37 Post by Midas »

romulous wrote:It's a shame his programs are still being bumped up to the front page (NewFileTime), it only encourages the behaviour.
Maybe a special condition could be set for some entries where they would only be updated if a file change was verified... :|

guinness

#38 Post by guinness »

Midas wrote:
romulous wrote:It's a shame his programs are still being bumped up to the front page (NewFileTime), it only encourages the behaviour.
Maybe a special condition could be set for some entries where they would only be updated if a file change was verified... :|
I would honestly say this is more work for those who update the TPFC entries, as more often than not they don't use the application themselves, I know I don't. Checker does most of the updating so I would just leave it in his hands on whether or not an update is considered worthy or not.

As I said above I appreciate they (SoftwareOK) are providing free applications, but I drawn the line when I (as a developer) find they're creating false accusations of an update to 'bump' their application, the vague change-log descriptions didn't bother me I put this down to a lack of English skills.

It now makes it even harder for genuine developers (like me) who may push an update with a 2 line change-log once in a while to be taken as a credible update, I feel obliged to apologise every time!

Checker

#39 Post by Checker »

Sorry for doing some updates here at TPFC.
NewFileTime changed size from 53760 to 54272. So I think something has been changed :wink:

guinness

#40 Post by guinness »

Corrections in the function Import / Export from the text files
This wasn't as ambiguous as the last couple of updates they've had.

webfork

#41 Post by webfork »

[On an unserious note]
guinness wrote:It now makes it even harder for genuine developers (like me) who may push an update with a 2 line change-log once in a while to be taken as a credible update, I feel obliged to apologise every time!
We should edit this site several times in small ways (change logo, get change the background) and then declare the site is at 9.0 and ready for deployment at nuclear silos vs top secret ninja assassins.