Purpose for "Portable Apps That Run Under Emulation" forum

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Andrew Lee

Purpose for "Portable Apps That Run Under Emulation" forum

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

[Mod note: the present topic was originally a 'sticky' on the "Portable Apps That Run Under Emulation" forum before it was dismembered and has been preserved for historical reference -- the original subject was "Purpose for this forum". (2020-09-20)]

I created this new forum because it was mentioned in aonther thread that the V0.3 of miniaim does not run inder WINE, only V0.2. Since I am reluctant to put this information into the database itself, I thought it best to create another forum for discussion about Win32 apps that run well under emulation on non-Windows OS.

In the near future, I hope to add per-app commenting function, so that could be another place where app-specific information can be added.
Last edited by Midas on Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making this a tombstone post for the "Portable Apps That Run Under Emulation" forum.

justin

nice

#2 Post by justin »

That is brilliant sir, nice work!

Darkbee

#3 Post by Darkbee »

You know you wanna make this a sticky. :idea:

teobromina

#4 Post by teobromina »

The method that I am going to use first, to report if an application is portable from Windows to Linux by means of Wine, will be mainly to run Slax Live Linux because:
-Slax 'KillBill' Edition is designed specifically with a Wine emulator, ready to run Windows programs,
-Slax is small (about 200 Mb),
-Slax is a Live OS (it is in fact a good example of portable OS, that run portable aplications), and
-I do not need to have almost any knowledge on Linux to do so (Slax is an easy to use Live OS).

Therefore I will be testing what the difficulty to run as portable a Windows aplication from a Linux plattform could be for a standard desktop Windows user.

Any other suggestions are welcome. :roll:

*JT.