TrueCrypt from Slax

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
teobromina

TrueCrypt from Slax

#1 Post by teobromina »

I have not been able to run Truecrypt

http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

in Slax KillBill edition v5.1.8.

There is a message related to the driver: "Unable to connect to the TrueCrypt device driver..."

*JT. :cry:

Simon.T

#2 Post by Simon.T »

Hi teobromina! whats up?

I just want to say that your posts about windows apps that runs under slax kill bill edition are very useful!!!

if you can, please check for Screamer Radio

by the way, i saw your post about Diagram Designer from Slax. i just want to know why you post that if this app is Rejected from TPFC (Writes settings to registry.)

thanks, Simon :wink:

teobromina

Screamer

#3 Post by teobromina »

Good evening, Simon

I used Screamer in Windows some time ago, and I like it because it is a small great program!

Today I have made two trials within Slax with two different computers, both AMD. One is a 2600+ 1.5 Gb RAM, with a sound board integrated into the motherboard and another is a newer AMD 64 bits 3500+ with 2 Gb RAM and an older sound board in a PCI slot. In both cases Screamer started, but at play time a message appeared telling that no sound device was present I tried to change the sound options in the control center but I did not succeed :cry:

May be if I had another sound card...

Sorry.

Thank you for your kind comments, because they give me the feedback necessary to keep trying. :roll:

Regards.

*JT

Simon.T

#4 Post by Simon.T »

Thank you *JT :D (Good Job!)

No Screamer... :cry: never mind, its ok :?
Hope to see some good new in the future about Screamer :wink:

Love and Peace.

Simon

FlightGeek

Re: TrueCrypt from Slax

#5 Post by FlightGeek »

teobromina wrote:I have not been able to run Truecrypt

http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

in Slax KillBill edition v5.1.8.

There is a message related to the driver: "Unable to connect to the TrueCrypt device driver..."

*JT. :cry:
I am not surprised by this. TrueCrypt gets further into the system than KillBill emulates.

:idea: Since Slax is a Slackware Linux variant, you might be able to get the Linux version of TrueCrypt to work.

FG

teobromina

Re: TrueCrypt from Slax

#6 Post by teobromina »

FlightGeek wrote:
I am not surprised by this. TrueCrypt gets further into the system than KillBill emulates.

:idea: Since Slax is a Slackware Linux variant, you might be able to get the Linux version of TrueCrypt to work.

FG
Slax has its own module posted by Slax users that I am neither been able to work with. But the 'game' here is to test if Windows or MACOS app can run within Linux by means of emulators like Wine, so I tested the Windows version of Truecrypt...

*JT :roll: