[Windows portables under Slax Linux]

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
teobromina

[Windows portables under Slax Linux]

#1 Post by teobromina »

[Mod note: the present is topic was originally posted in the old "Portable Apps That Run Under Emulation" and has been renamed. (Original subject was: "First attempt is not always sucessfull".)]

Here, in this thread I am going to include also applications that I cannot run successfully, starting my trials in the Operative System Slax v 5.1.8 KillBill edition (Live Linux, with the Wine emulator buildt-in), in order to complete the list of those that I can run. Perhaps, when I am notifying a result I have forgotten something, or the result is depending on the hardware and specific software used in the trial. Someone else could find another result, but since I am able to run some applications, if some one other does not run, this is giving an approach.

*JT.
Last edited by teobromina on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

teobromina

Oppinions on the method are welcome

#2 Post by teobromina »

The method I am using to perform the trials of applications running under emulation is a very primitive one: I just start Slax, try to run a Windows program, find files of my filesystem and test if the program can manipulate existing files or create new files according to its use.

May be there is a more sophisticated method that I would like to know if someone have an idea.

*JT. :roll: