ALL Portable Applications?

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
ali780

How can I download all 1350 softwrae?

#1 Post by ali780 »

Hello everybody,
I want to download all 1350 software but not one by one. I want to download altogether. Is it possible?
:P

donald

Re: How can I download all 1350 softwrae?

#2 Post by donald »

What you probably want is a torrent file right? :roll: Just one download for the entire listing of software in the database. :shock:

I do not think this is overly likely to get done even with the software that allows distribution. :?

Almost none of the software is located here, on this site, it is at thousands of different websites. :cry:

You could always download a few of these:Lupo PenSuite, PortableApps.com Suite

There are a lot of others but this will let you try a few excellent menus and applications without having to do any real work.
These contain pre-configured portable applications, no need to add ini files, edit files or anything else, just use as is or configure to your own preference.

Inside the forums and or database there are several programs that are concerned with keeping up to date on programs, at least one of these will auto-download new versions of software listed in its own database.

Some update checking programs:
  • AppSnap (not portable), WebVersions 3.1, Dynamic Update System
A lot of Firefox add-ons exist and you might try contacting the authors, or try tweaking them to behave like the various hundreds of auto-downloading add-ons for some specific file type.

There are some Firefox add-ons that will download all the flash files found on a page.
Flashgot wrote:Download all the links, movies and audio clips of a page at the maximum speed with a single click, using the most popular, lightweight and reliable external download managers.
Others allow all images.
Batch Images Downloader 0.5.0 wrote:This add-on can download selected images of a single HTML page in batch. The user can preview all the images in the web page and select those he likes. After selecting the directory to store these images, all the images are downloaded to his local machine.
For exe files try this one.
DownThemAll is all you can desire from a download manager: it features an advanced accelerator that increases speed up to 400% and it allows you to pause and resume downloads at any time.
This would work for all the software with direct download links.

But I am afraid you would have to still go to each page on portablefreeware.com

I am sure there are some other programs to do this.

Try google and if it works report it here.

webfork

Re: How can I download all 1350 softwrae?

#3 Post by webfork »

I tried to do this (sort of) with the Kitchen Sink Project (http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... php?t=3835), but I got some nastygrams because people frequently don't like you redistributing their software (oddly enough, Mozilla).

Plus, a lot of software here in the database, especially from the fantastic author of Nirsoft (http://www.nirsoft.net/) come up as false-positive viruses (http://www.nirsoft.net/false_positive_report.html) so torrent servers don't like you much either because people keep complaining.

The developer of Lupo PenSuite was talking about an automatic download system that would certainly do the trick (as well as keeping everything up-to-date), but I'm not sure where that's at in terms of development. As you can imagine, that's sort of the holy grail of tools in portable freeware.

In the meantime, Donald's suggestion seems like your best bet.

Maeve13

ALL Portable Applications?

#4 Post by Maeve13 »

I know I'm new here, but is there any way one would be able to download the whole Portable Freeware Collection? There are well over 1000 applications, and it would make my life much easier if I were able to download them all-at-once instead of one at a time.

ashghost

Re: ALL Portable Applications?

#5 Post by ashghost »

This has been asked before, once in the past few weeks, even. The short answer is "no".

Moreover, it's never going to happen. For one thing, all but a handful of the programs are hosted elsewhere, and many of the download links are not direct links, but lead to download pages on the authors' websites (in an effort to avoid links that depend on version numbers becoming obsolete or to comply with software authors' requests against direct downloads). Also, many are in zip files, some are in paf installers, some use a portable option in the native installer, many rely on the user to use Universal Extractor to get the program files out of the installer, and finally, some must be installed, then copied to your portable device, then uninstalled.

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

I think 1600 applications is a little far fetched, how about scaling down the amount of packages to pre-assemled packages.

Lupo PenSuite (Recommended)
PortableApps
winPenPack

Napiophelios

#7 Post by Napiophelios »

....I can see it now on eBay...

Over 1000 Applications optimized for USB usage..NO Installation Required!!!!
starting bids at just $10.00!!!!
BuyItNow for just $20.00 + $15.00shipping and handling

BUY with Confidence!!!!!

and what do you recieve in the mail 8weeks later? A peice of paper that says:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/ :mrgreen:

Incidentally,If you do manged to get direct DL links to all the apps I have a copy of a batch file that can automate the process for you. :)

syndony

#8 Post by syndony »

The PortableApps suite launcher allows for software other than PAF and the PAF software, once installed, is just like any other portable folder than could easily be moved to the folder of some other launcher.

Plus, I can easily launch the PortableApps launcher from my flash drive and run all my programs from it. So those comments came as a surprise.

I'll have to give Appetizer a try. I was beginning to think all portable apps launchers were basically exactly the same.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

ashghost wrote:This has been asked before, once in the past few weeks, even. The short answer is "no".
I have merged the threads.