Copy (Cloud File Hosting Service)

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
ajfudge

Copy (Cloud File Hosting Service)

#1 Post by ajfudge »

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with Copy. Let's just put it this way: I am excited to discover something new that no one's talking about (yet). And I also want an etxra space, so please read on. :D

This is a new web service I stumbled upon to two weeks ago. It's similar to Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive. It's available for free but also has a paid subscription. I am shamelessly promoting/recommending this because it generously allots 15GB of space to free users. :D

If you want to sign up, please use this link: Copy Referral Form
You and I will both receive an additional 5GB of free space if you signed up via my referral link.
Thanks! :D

Copy homepage: https://www.copy.com/home/

This image which I use on my Firefox Speed Dials is hosted in Copy :)

I am Baas

Re: Copy (Cloud File Hosting Service)

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Copy is a Barracuda Labs product... https://www.barracuda.com/

ajfudge

#3 Post by ajfudge »

Should we be concerned?

bob92132

#4 Post by bob92132 »

Complete the referral process and get your extra 5 GBs of storage by following these steps.

1. Click the link we just emailed you, which will validate your address.
2. Install the Copy app on at least one computer or mobile device.
Is the "Copy app" a portable software? If not this posting does not belong on this forum.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

It should be moved to the useful links section.

ajfudge

#6 Post by ajfudge »

bob92132 wrote: Is the "Copy app" a portable software? If not this posting does not belong on this forum.
Why not? It's under "FREEWARE THAT ARE NOT PORTABLE". (I emphasized that so you won't miss it. :mrgreen: )

guinness wrote:It should be moved to the useful links section.
I thought the Useful Links section is for references, like a listing or review, or product tests/comparisons...
Again, if its suitable to this post, why not :)

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

Actually no, you're presenting a service to us not an application.

ajfudge

#8 Post by ajfudge »

Is it not considered an app if you still have to download and install something to get the service working? (I'm seriously asking).
Like Evernote? or Skype? They're note-taking and chat services, but you need the app to use it.

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

This is a "dump area" for those applications we thought were Portable but weren't. It's not designed for advertising services such as this, hence why I said it should be moved to the more appropriate section of the Forum.

ajfudge

#10 Post by ajfudge »

guinness wrote:This is a "dump area" for those applications we thought were Portable but weren't. It's not designed for advertising services such as this, hence why I said it should be moved to the more appropriate section of the Forum.
It would have been easier if you mentioned that in your first response, instead of giving me a cryptic message. Now how do I move this post to the appropriate forum?

Midas

#11 Post by Midas »

You can't -- we'll have to wait for the moderator to do it. Don't fret, no harm done. :)

ajfudge

#12 Post by ajfudge »

Alrighty :)
Since this thread is awaiting it's migration, why not turn this into a discussion?
Just want to share that so far I have amassed a total of 30GB from Copy, not including the initial 15GB given to free users. That sure is plenty. (And it sounds like I'm advertising it. lol)
I'm planning to sync my Portables folder with it.

Quick question: What really is the benefit of using PortableApps and WinPenPack platforms? Is one better than the other?
Okay I'm going to open a new thread for this. :)
EDIT: thread is here: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =2&t=20594

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

Please don't misuse the word 'cryptic'.

ajfudge

#14 Post by ajfudge »

guinness wrote:Please don't misuse the word 'cryptic'.
Okay. Let's change it to vague.

webfork

#15 Post by webfork »

ajfudge wrote:This is a new web service I stumbled upon to two weeks ago. It's similar to Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive.
Question here: what does it have that improves upon those services? In other words, when a group enters into a crowded area of cloud service/storage providers, what new are they bringing to the table?
ajfudge wrote:I thought the Useful Links section is for references, like a listing or review, or product tests/comparisons...
Again, if its suitable to this post, why not :)
I'm moving it to Resources and Links because you're clearly talking about the service rather than the available freeware program that people can download. By way of precedent for a similar program, there's a Google Drive thread for the program and a thread for just the service.