It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: VirtualXP (OS virtualization)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:59 am 

I haven't tested it (yet), but Farstone VirtualXP is free for non commercial use...

For the sake of allowing users to keep running applications and accessing data on XP, FarStone developed VirtualXP to convert XP system to a Microsoft virtual disk, which can be run on Windows 7/8 or Windows Server 2008/2012’s virtual machine. XP virtual machine is safer since it runs above Windows 7/8 or Windows Server 2008/2012 platform with extra security protection from the host environment.

Key features: convert Windows XP to virtual machine; free for non-commercial use; allows you to continue running XP and its applications on Windows 8; VirtualXP can convert Windows XP and 2003 systems.

Download current VirtualXP (v1.0) from http://www.neowin.net/news/farstone-virtualxp-10 -- the only reputable alternative to CNet.com I was able to find...

Recent reviews:

Post subject: Re: VirtualXP (OS virtualization)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:25 pm 

Basically you can use disk2vhd to create virtualxp.

Post subject: Re: VirtualXP (OS virtualization)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:41 pm 

Midas wrote:
VirtualXP

For reasons I'm not clear on, my buddy wasn't able to get the volume to work with VMware so I sent him this. I'll post here again if I hear back about it. For whatever reason they didn't want to use Microsoft's Hyper-V.