Help with Lockdir

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
m^(2)

Re: URGENT! Help with Lockdir v5.33!

#31 Post by m^(2) »

Hmm..interesting. It somehow managed to create a directory which name ends with a dot. It's invalid name in Windows, so they had to use some dirty hacks. Even NTFiles plugin can't enter it.

They use cool "features" of Windows:
There's a directory
com1.{d3e34b21-9d75-101a-8c3d-00aa001a1652}

If you search, you'll find this:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/jsi ... keys-.aspx
It says that if you name a file anything.{d3e34b21-9d75-101a-8c3d-00aa001a1652}, you permanently associate it with MS Paint, even when it's renamed, it's still a paint file. This is not an issue for TC, but then comes the directory with dot...

Cool, but sorry, I can't help you. I agree that you should ask the author or reverse engineer lockdir.

joby_toss

Re: Unencryp proble

#32 Post by joby_toss »

joby_toss, 27th May 2010, 14:14, wrote: I won't speak about this particular program (i.e. Ogni Free Folder Locker & Hider), but this kind of folder locker/hider software will bring you trouble in the long run at some point. There are proofs even on this forum, but usually you meet people that lost some data on every tech-forum you know of.

My advice: use some proven-good encryption software like TrueCrypt, FreeOTFE etc. instead.

My feelings about this type of software are much deeper, but I can't express my thoughts exactly 'cause it's not polite. :twisted:
What did I tell you, guys?
Another one bites the dust!

Ontopic: I'm sorry I can't help you, kumar! Just choose wiser your next encryption software!

kumar

Re: Unencryp proble

#33 Post by kumar »

ANY ONE CAN HELP ME:

Dear sir/madam,

I’m very nervous about data still having same problem. Actually I protected main window of external hard drive, now my all folder is locked. I had done as per your instruction when I run the decrypted5.exe the main window there was no response, when I run lockdir.exe there asked to open password, when I put the password same error coming.

As per your instruction when I try to reprotect this folder with the same password when I run the Lockdir.exe there asked password to open there not asked for folder luck, if I try to run Decrypted5.exe that is also showing this message:

I continue click in decrypt now but the program not response. Again I run the Luckdir.exe same asked password for open not for luck.

Please advice me what I do sorry to disturb you too much, but you can feel my problem don’t mind please.

With Best Regards
Kumar

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:43 AM
To: Fanar Arabia
Subject: Re:

Dear sir:

1.This is a Recovery software. (Only folder protected on normal security level can be restored)
However, you should delete this program from your PC as long as you recovery your data.
http://www.kakasoft.com/files/Decrypted5.exe
1.Download,
2.Copy it to the encrypted folder and then run.
However, because of the irreversible algorithms,if the folder was protected on High or Highest Security Level, you have to reprotect this folder with the same password and the same security level after recovery. and then unprotect again.
Sorry for the inconvenience..Strongly recommanded that you download the new verison to use:
http://www.kakasoft.com/files/lockdir.exe

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

samo_hossam

#34 Post by samo_hossam »

try use 7-zip file manager
i use it and it help
try to browse the folder and use the program to copy data by it
it more useful than total commander

henrysitefly

#35 Post by henrysitefly »

try use 7-zip file manager
i use it and it help
try to browse the folder and use the program to copy data by it
it more useful than total commander
Great!!!, was useful for me. I think I used normal protection. Easy copy them with 7-zip and deleted all my locked files too.
Thanks

Enzup

#36 Post by Enzup »

m^(2) wrote:Download Total Commander.
Download this plugin.
Follow the instructions to install and start using.
Browse to the locked dir, enter it and take whatever you want.
It works with default "encryption" level.
With "high" you can restore the files, but at the beginning they are encrypted, which corrupts most files to be totally unreadable.
EDIT:
With highest you can do nothing.

I forgot my password,
I downloaded the total commander and its plugins and successfully added them too..
and you said that "Browse to the locked dir, enter it and take whatever you want", so i was able to browse to the locked dir but can you plz tell me that how to enter it?? its because when i enter it a window opens which asks for password (this window is the window which opens on double clicking it, when we simply open it in explorer)

So what should i do? my very large and important data is there and to be exact 100 Gb movies are there... plz help me..

m^(2)

#37 Post by m^(2) »

I think I wasn't clear enough as to what "start using" means.
Total Commander filesystem plugins are accessed via "Network Neighbourhood". You should find the plugin in there ("NTfiles?"), double click and then navigate to the locked dir.

Enzup

#38 Post by Enzup »

Sorry to bother you but can u plz explain a bit further.. I am not getting a single thing what are you saying.. :( And plz explain me where to find this ("NTfiles?"), is it in C-drive or in Total Commander itself and plz tell the exact location..
Screenshot - http://i39.tinypic.com/5ch8ue.png
maybe this would help

Info- I have downloaded those 2 plugin files and added them in Confugration-option-Plugin(Operation)-File System Plugins and then added those 2 NTFiles and NTRegistry files..

Would be very grateful if you help me taking out my data succesfully. :)

m^(2)

#39 Post by m^(2) »

From the dropdown marked red:
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/pi1w4f5a/5ch8ue.png
choose Network Neighbourhood. You should find NTFiles in there.

Enzup

#40 Post by Enzup »

ok, i selected Network Neighbourhood and then NTFiles and than went to the directory where my data is stored.... But when i am double clicking lockdir, it is asking me to set password, and when i set the password then also i am unable to unlock.. Then i went to the original folder and tries the password which i set up a few seconds ago, but thats also not working.. So again when i open lockdir from Total Commander, it asked me for password and then i put the new password, and nothing happened (it showed that unlock successful).. So finally i cannot access that lockdir and unable to save my data..

So can u plz explian me a bit further by looking these pics, what to do next??

http://i40.tinypic.com/2affq0k.png
http://i43.tinypic.com/261owed.png

m^(2)

#41 Post by m^(2) »

You don't have to bump me via PM.

Enter Thumbs.ms and search there, maybe in some deeper directories.
Your files should be *somewhere* there.

Enzup

#42 Post by Enzup »

ok, when i open that folder named Thumbs.ms, there are 2 more files as in this link http://i39.tinypic.com/1r9mhg.png
and when i open the folder names [com1.{....}] there are again 1 file named [00?a..] (something like that) in this link http://i40.tinypic.com/2cwlaau.png and i am unable to open it...
So again what should i do??

m^(2)

#43 Post by m^(2) »

Seems that Lockdir improved over time.
I suggest that you get in touch with the NTFiles author, it's probably a bug. I am unable to help you further.

joby_toss

#44 Post by joby_toss »

Improved? Improved what? Still same unreliability as any other "folder locking" app!

Why would anyone use this kind of app?

m^(2)

#45 Post by m^(2) »

Yes, it's still rubbish. But it breaks more stuff than before.

Got another content retrieval idea - use PhotoRec.