Help with Lockdir

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
chikasonnet2k

Re: KAKASOFT FOLDER PROTECTOR VERSION 6.01 PROBLEM

#46 Post by chikasonnet2k »

please sir/madam, I downloaded Kakasoft folder protector version 6.01, and locked my videos and files about 58g all in a folder, now I cant open it because I have forgotten my password. Any means of breaking/cracking the password and retrieving my videos and files back. please help me. Am using Windows 7 Home Basic

joby_toss

Re: Unencryp proble

#47 Post by joby_toss »

It never ends...

chikasonnet2k

#48 Post by chikasonnet2k »

The Decrypted5.exe worked for me, now I have my files and videos back. Thanks a lot Kumar, I appreciate.

cmicheeljim

#49 Post by cmicheeljim »

hi, I'm from kakasoft office, our Lockdir has update to version 6.15. and all the problem you reminds above has fixed. more at: http://www.kakasoft.com/folder-protect/

shailendrasinh

#50 Post by shailendrasinh »

hello sir,

I'm facing the same problem.

But I'm getting error with Decrypted5.exe like "Decrypted5.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

SYSTEM

Re: URGENT! Help with Lockdir v5.33!

#51 Post by SYSTEM »

Warning: offtopic + highly technical post.
m^(2) wrote: Hmm..interesting. It somehow managed to create a directory which name ends with a dot. It's invalid name in Windows, so they had to use some dirty hacks. Even NTFiles plugin can't enter it.
Today I just happened to find out how it is possible and recalled your post. It's quite interesting. :)

File names that end with a dot or a space are indeed invalid in Win32, but not in NTFS. See http://0cch.net/ntfsdoc/concepts/filena ... space.html.

Win32 apps, including nearly all file managers, can't access such files. But applications which use Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications can.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Lopper

Re: URGENT! Help with Lockdir v5.33!

#52 Post by Lopper »

any luck, hope for lost passwords with this and similar tools ?

I got stucked with my folder locked with "folder password expert" and no luck
finding my password.
Anyone got experience with this tool ?

webfork

Help with Lockdir

#53 Post by webfork »

Lopper wrote:I got stucked with my folder locked with "folder password expert" and no luck finding my password.
Our site does highlight a lot of password recovery tools, but as it's a lesser-used commercial software program, it's not likely something users here would focus on. I'd use one of the company's contact methods: http://www.folder-password-expert.com/contact.html

Edit: I'm pulling down the "Urgent" bit from this thread. Definitely no longer urgent.

joby_toss

Re: Help with Lockdir

#54 Post by joby_toss »

Following this thread is so much fun! :twisted: