[SOLVED] Sandboxie Portable problem

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
shnbwmn

[SOLVED] Sandboxie Portable problem

#1 Post by shnbwmn »

So, I installed according to the instructions, using the latest Sandboxie install file. The program starts and everything seems in order, until I try to run a program through it. I created a container folder, chose the "Run any program" option from the taskbar icon, point to an exe (tried a few) but none ever run. The pizza-looking icon gets a sprinkle of pepperonis for about a second and then reverts back to blank yellow. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by shnbwmn on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

I am Baas

Re: Sandboxie Portable problem

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Right click on an .exe file and choose "Run Sandboxed", does that work?

shnbwmn

#3 Post by shnbwmn »

I'm using the "portable" version so there isn't any context menu items. I suppose the closest I can get to what you suggested is the item in the Send To menu, and this returns the same result as in the OP. Here's a screenshot of the error I keep getting:

I thought the portable version would be nice because I can carry my apps on my ext hdd, but I guess I'll have to install it.

Edit: installed version is working. I suspect that Windows 10 has something to do with the portable version spazzing out.

tactictoe

#4 Post by tactictoe »

Kernell32.dll error...
Sounds like a call to that dll but it cannot find it's reference.

Here is a forum that talk about this error : http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=19672
And this one http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 75&p=97258

Did it fix your problem?

shnbwmn

#5 Post by shnbwmn »

Apologies for the late reply. After using that solution the problem seems to have been solved, in combination with ticking the "Run as UAC Administrator" box on some programs. Thanks!