Any App manager similar to Calibre but for Exe files?

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
starstuff

Any App manager similar to Calibre but for Exe files?

#1 Post by starstuff »

Hi All,

im looking for a portable app that manages exe files, im trying to organize my portable apps collection and some installer files like computer drivers, and wondering if there is an automated way to do it like how Calibre Book manager does to ebooks.

are there any apps around? and how do you guys organize your apps collection?

Thank You!

joby_toss

Re: Any App manager similar to Calibre but for Exe files?

#2 Post by joby_toss »

I did it manually and it took me years (I'm literally talking about thousands of apps).

How I'd do it now: dump them all in a folder and use something like Executor to index/find/launch them, or use something like Portable Apps Platform if you're looking for a visual style menu.

If you really need a cataloger-like app, you can use Data Crow or SoftCat Free.

starstuff

Re: Any App manager similar to Calibre but for Exe files?

#3 Post by starstuff »

hi joby_toss, thank you for sharing your experience
I did it manually and it took me years (I'm literally talking about thousands of apps).

How I'd do it now: dump them all in a folder and use something like Executor to index/find/launch them, or use something like Portable Apps Platform if you're looking for a visual style menu.
i can't imagine myself doing it manually due to lack of time and i guess a bit lazy :lol:

im using that technique now but for selected portable apps, some apps that i don't use daily are kept on another folder.
If you really need a cataloger-like app, you can use Data Crow or SoftCat Free.
will try these apps, thank you!