Uninstall Problem

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
clayto

Uninstall Problem

#1 Post by clayto »

I am new to Portable apps. Due to lack of space on my Tablet's HDD I am trying to replace some of the programs on my HDD (C) with Portable programs on my 14 GB integral Memory Card (D) which I am treating as if it were a HDD partition. I have successfully downloaded to (D) Portable programs such as Thunderbird, Firefox, Glary Utilities, Maxthon, CCleaner. The problem I have encountered is when I try to uninstall the Desktop version a program to save space (I use Revo uninstaller) the Portable version on (D) gets uninstalled which is not at all what I want.

Can someone give me advice on how to uninstall from the HDD without it affecting the program on the Memory Card?

clayto

webfork

Re: Uninstall Problem

#2 Post by webfork »

clayto wrote:Can someone give me advice on how to uninstall from the HDD without it affecting the program on the Memory Card?
Might go through and ask Revo mess with the settings so it ignores your D drive. I suspect that program is going through and destroying anything to do with the program you're trying to get rid of. I'm still really surprised you're having this problem.

Alternatively you can eject/archive the memory card while you're uninstalling other things.

clayto

#3 Post by clayto »

Thanks. I was surprised too, it was something I did not expect. However, I have now uninstalled a few programs from C / HDD without it affecting D so perhaps it was a 'one off glitch.' I thought about removing the Memory Card temporarily but it is something I prefer not to do unless really necessary.

What is concerning me now is that despite the successful uninstalling, the free space on my HDD has gone further down (seriously, it is showing in red) not up

clayto.

SYSTEM

#4 Post by SYSTEM »

clayto wrote: What is concerning me now is that despite the successful uninstalling, the free space on my HDD has gone further down (seriously, it is showing in red) not up
Just a guess, but it might be System Restore. You can try disabling it.

If System Restore isn't the culprit, you can use any disk use analysis program to investigate the problem.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

clayto

#5 Post by clayto »

Thanks. Free space on the HDD has gone back up fairly well.

clayto