exporting embedded INI files from CCleaner: how to?

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
zak_711

exporting embedded INI files from CCleaner: how to?

#1 Post by zak_711 »

Hi. I visited the Piriform forum to get the latest app.ini ( to copy the target files for portable browsers ), and they answered me that I have to export it from CCleaner. The suggestion is the following:

Please use command line to export embedded INI files:
ccleaner.exe /export [folder path]

I tried it but without success; does any know what exactly I have to do?
Thanks.
Last edited by zak_711 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

Re: exporting embedded INI files ffrom CCleaner: how to?

#2 Post by guinness »

What did you try? Because this should work - CCleaner.exe /export "C:\CCleaner" from what they say.

zak_711

Re: exporting embedded INI files from CCleaner: how to?

#3 Post by zak_711 »

How much silly I am!!!

Run:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Sillyme\Documents\PortableApps\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /export "C:\Documents and Settings\Silly\Documents\PortableApps\CCleaner"

That's because CCleaner doesn't detect potable browsers ( custom installation );
so you need to create your custom path in order to clean the browsers;
but first you must know what you have to delete ( from std installation );
so you need the embedded INI.

Ah, but this does not resolve the problem ...

So could any tell me, please, what CCleaner exactly ( file names ) cleans from a std installation of Barracuda?

After a little discussion ( :shock: ) I ran opera.exe from App folder of OperaPortable.
So CCleaner detected Opera files. Now I can delete almost the same files in Data folder of OperaPortable.

Thanks.

MiDoJo

Re: exporting embedded INI files from CCleaner: how to?

#4 Post by MiDoJo »

While this is best asked over at the piriform forum, I can answer this one
first custom locations for browsers (Chrome, Firefox only) http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/a ... a-browsers
Next "Barracuda" by this do you mean opera 11.10? if so Opera is cleaned normally
Opera portable or OperaUSB ccleaner is not able to insert an entry as windows does not have a enviromental variable for portable
you can, however create a winapp2.ini entry for your program if you always use the same drive letter, however you lose the benefit of centralized cookie exclusion.
as with other browsers CCLeaner cleans browsers with special keys which the developers do not provide us, so I can't help make it work as if the browser were installed.
If you have any more issues with this, you can start a thread and ping me to it. I'm Nergal (a moderator) over at Piriform's forum.

Finally for those future readers
it is enough to put "%locationofccleanerinstall%\ccleaner.exe" /export (where %locationofccleanerinstall% is replace by the location of your ccleaner install) besure to use the quote marks if your location has spaces (as does the Original Poster's). This command will place the win*.ini files in the folder %locationofccleanerinstall%
(I use the word "install" loosly I know we are talking portable programs here ;) )