StarFisher Portable is a tool for astrology.
- author: Tomas Kubec (OrionSoft)
- web site: http://www.starfisher.cz/starfisher/EN/
- download page: http://www.starfisher.cz/starfisher/EN/download.htm
- direct download portable: http://www.starfisher.cz/starfisher/download/StarFisherPortableSetup.exe
- screenshot: http://www.starfisher.cz/starfisher/EN/screenshots.htm
- documentation: http://www.starfisher.cz/starfisher/EN/_doc.htm
- languages: English, Français, Italiano, Slovenski, Ceski.
- actual release: 0.8.5.4
- license: freeware
- Softpedia: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/StarFisher-Portable.shtml
- Softpedia user rating: excellent
1. download the file "StarFisherPortableSetup.exe" and install it.
2. run the file "StarFisher.exe"
3. in the folder "StarFisher" delete these files: unins000.exe and unins000.dat
4. do not exist any entries in Add/Remove Programs
the folder StarFisher" (main folder program) contain the file "StarFisherPortable.ini" with the parameter "Portable=1"
Old topic update: didn't check Starfisher
for portability beyond making sure it ran from a pendrive (it did); but as there aren't many such offers at TPFC, I it's worthy of a small update and screenshots...Starfisher
is C++ written Open Source (source available at download page above) and a fairly standard offer of its kind -- and I've tested a couple of commercial ones, on behalf of an acquaintance that dabbles in such matters. Uncompressed footprint is 21MB, most of which is the atlas database.Main Interface
:Atlas view with embedded Google Map