Added a calculator for Chinese Zodiac / Horoscope

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
eitang

Added a calculator for Chinese Zodiac / Horoscope

#1 Post by eitang »

Hi all,

I have just added a program. It is Bilingual French and English.

Shows for 400 or so years the chinese zodiac sign, as well as many characteristics of it.
Displays compatibilities between the calculated sign and all the others.
It displays the "lucky" numbers and Colors for the animal.
The program also lists celebrities born with the same Zodiac Sign.

The Chinese Zodiac's animal projects its characteristics onto the whole year. The Chinese Zodiac sign for the year also projects its tributes onto the person born in that year. Each date is also linked to one of the 5 "Chinese" elements. They too influence the Zodiac and the program shows that influence.

As a bonus, the program shows the three western religious important dates:
Easter Date for the year, the jewish new year, Rosh Hashanah, and the Ramadan's start date for the year.

BTW, The chinese zodiac cycle includes twelve animals:1-Rat,2-Ox,3-Tiger,4-Rabbit,5-Dragon,6-Snake,
7-Horse,8-Goat,9-Monkey,10-Rooster,11-Dog and 12-Pig.

eitang

webfork

Re: Added a calculator for Chinese Zodiac / Horoscope

#2 Post by webfork »

We appreciate your interest in the site, but we've got a lot of program submissions that never got the votes to go live. As noted in the FAQ, in the future you might post about a program to the submission forum before adding to the database.

As it stands, I'm not sure a Chinese Zodiac program would draw the necessary votes to go live.

---

EDIT: Just noticed you've been a registered user since before I started on the site so I guess I'm unclear why you posted a new entry before posting to the Submission thread as with CopyToTabs.

Midas

Re: Added a calculator for Chinese Zodiac / Horoscope

#3 Post by Midas »

Also, including links might ensure greater exposure. :|