OpenPuff and MultiObfuscator

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SYSTEM

Re: OpenPuff update

#16 Post by SYSTEM »

Thank you. Entry updated, including links. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

blackvisionit

Re: Security : MultiObfuscator 1.00 Cryptography & OBfuscati

#18 Post by blackvisionit »

The site is online. Are you still unable to enter?
- http://embeddedsw.net/MultiObfuscator_C ... _Home.html

Cosimo

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

You're right -- the site is up:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... dedsw.net/

I'm not sure what backbone I'm on that doesn't like your site but this is the 2nd day in a row and the second location I've tested.

blackvisionit

#20 Post by blackvisionit »

Added the sw to the forum, now it needs rating to become public!

- http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2130

Mixture

#21 Post by Mixture »

I have tried this software. It is apparently a copy of Openpuff, since most of the help file was about Openpuff. It is also extensively complicated. Upon starting the software, my (2.53 GHz P4, 3GB ram, 160GB HD) system to 24 seconds for the hardware CSPRNG to finish computing, the first move MultiObfuscator does. When I tried the Medium level security encryption (4 different passwords), it took over a minute to encrypt it. All encrypted files results in files that must be less a 256 megabyte file, due to methods of MultiObfuscator. I'm not sure if I need such a overly complex encryption suite. If you want to definitely hide your sensitive data, definitely vote FOR MultiObfiscator 1.00.
Drag 'N' Crypt, dsCrypt and Blowfish Advanced CS are more suited to my needs.

blackvisionit

#22 Post by blackvisionit »

I have tried this software. It is apparently a copy of Openpuff, since most of the help file was about Openpuff. It is also extensively complicated. Upon starting the software, my (2.53 GHz P4, 3GB ram, 160GB HD) system to 24 seconds for the hardware CSPRNG to finish computing, the first move MultiObfuscator does. When I tried the Medium level security encryption (4 different passwords), it took over a minute to encrypt it. All encrypted files results in files that must be less a 256 megabyte file, due to methods of MultiObfuscator. I'm not sure if I need such a overly complex encryption suite. If you want to definitely hide your sensitive data, definitely vote FOR MultiObfiscator 1.00. Drag 'N' Crypt, dsCrypt and Blowfish Advanced CS are more suited to my needs.
You didn't focus on the sw architecture. Just to be very clear: comparing MultiObfuscator, even at the basic user level, to any other crypto-sw is like comparing the club of a prehistoric man to a gun.

Obviously a lot of extra-processing requires much more time. If your data is not so secret (no matter if somebody could break it) then you're right, other crypto-sw are better.

You're absolutely wrong saying that MultiObfuscator is a copy of OpenPuff. OpenPuff is a Stego-sw and MultiObfuscator is a Crypto-sw. They're related only at the crypto-library level. Would you say that Linux is a copy of Windows (or vice versa) only because they link to a common AES256-Crypto-library?

The author
Cosimo Oliboni

guinness

#23 Post by guinness »

As per your PM request I tested the application & Voted!

Tested: Portable

Mixture

#24 Post by Mixture »

IF MultiObfuscator is not a copy of OpenPuff, then why did you leave the help file full of references to it? Huh? Even the title of the help file had the erroneous OpenPuff heading! Only a blind fool would make that kind of mistake! And the notion of making my sensitive files even bigger, that's just plain stupid! Even the lowest setting is going to make my sensitive files 3 TIMES bigger?! Please!

Cosimo Oliboni, you have completely convinced me NOT to use your oddball software. Hell, I will even go as far as to say XORrior (http://biphome.spray.se/baxtrom/xorrior.htm) is better than either OpenPuff or MultiObfuscator!

Good luck with your programming efforts, Cosimo!

webfork

#25 Post by webfork »

blackvisionit wrote:You didn't focus on the sw architecture. Just to be very clear: comparing MultiObfuscator, even at the basic user level, to any other crypto-sw is like comparing the club of a prehistoric man to a gun.
I wish Mixture had thanked you for your hard work and making this software available for free as well as say what he felt was missing, but tact isn't a requirement to post here. I think Mixture was comparing it to existing software to try and point out his expectations, not attacking your work. I hope you'll take it as a feature request and suggestion about future versions rather than an insult.

webfork

#26 Post by webfork »

I shortened the entry to better fit with the PFWC format. I don't know what any of those features are, so if I truncated something I shouldn't have, please let me know.
blackvisionit wrote:MultiObfuscator is a professional cryptography tool
- HW seeded random number generator (CSPRNG)
- Deniable cryptography
- Up to 256Mb of secret file (binary mode)
- Up to 256Kb of secret text (text/email mode)
- Whitening selection level
- Modern multi-cryptography (16 algorithms)
- Multi-layered data obfuscation (4 passwords)
- X-square steganalysis resistance

blackvisionit

OpenPuff v4.00 - Steganography & Watermarking

#27 Post by blackvisionit »

The new official release is available. :!:

HomePage: embeddedsw.net
Download: embeddedsw.net - direct download link

The author.

blackvisionit

MultiObfuscator v2.00 - Cryptography & Obfuscation

#28 Post by blackvisionit »

The new official release is available. :!: