MobaXterm - Portable X server with SSH client

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Emka

Re: MobaXterm - Portable X server with SSH client

#16 Post by Emka »

Mobatek wrote:I think that the author of the entry description is you, so thank you very much by the way!
I just updated it, didn't write it.

Mobatek

#17 Post by Mobatek »

I just updated it, didn't write it.
OK, thanks anyway!
You have been really quick to react for this update, we just put the update some hours ago :shock: ...

Mobatek

#18 Post by Mobatek »

Hello!

We just released a new version of MobaXterm (4.5) with some new features:
- Passwords are now saved to the "INI" file by default (except if you already have passwords in the registry, in this case, passwords will still be saved there). This allows you to save your passwords keeping MobaXterm fully portable, but you have to be warned that this can be unsafe (if someone steals your USB thumb drive, he will be able to connect to your servers using your saved passwords)
- You can now "detach" tabs to external windows and manage them independantly
- Startup speed has been improved by using plugins indexation
- A lot of other corrections/improvements

Here is the download link and the full changelog for the free edition: http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

I hope you will enjoy this new version!

Mobatek

#19 Post by Mobatek »

Hello!

We released a new major version of MobaXterm (5.0) with a lot of new features among which:

- a great new graphical port forwarding editor: it is a tool for creating SSH tunnels very easily
- a lot of new options for the X11 server (fullscreen/window modes, with/without window manager, X11-forwarding, ...)
- a new useful command "MobaWMIRequest" for executing WMI requests right from the terminal
- a search field for saved sessions

--> Download link and full changelog: http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

We hope you will enjoy this new version as we worked hard on it. Do not hesitate to give us your feedback!

lautrepay

#20 Post by lautrepay »

Updated. Thanks!

sti04

#21 Post by sti04 »

This is a great app! There are only a few things missing (or I don't know how to do) before I can totally replace SecureCRT.

Most important to least...
  • Create Macros/buttons (In SCRT, I have all my common commands as buttons due to laziness hehe)
  • Custom keymaps (In SCRT, I use a keymap file when connecting to some systems using what I think is a DEC VT layout)
  • Save RDP passwords
  • Save Telnet passwords (In SCRT, I use the login script feature with expect login/password)

Mobatek

#22 Post by Mobatek »

Hello,

Thanks for the interesting suggestions: we just added them to our ToDo list for future releases.

You should be already able to save Rdp passwords though... Did you try the button "Set session password" which is just above your rdp desktkop?

The macro support and custom keymaps will be some very useful features, thanks a lot for these ideas!

sti04

#23 Post by sti04 »

Ah totally missed the set password feature, another plus from me! Excellent :)

Looking forward to seeing future updates now! I'll definitely have to grab a couple of pro licences (they're 1 per PC yes?)

Mobatek

#24 Post by Mobatek »

Thanks sti04!
If you register, do not hesitate to send us your feature requests again in your registration email: MobaXterm development team treats feature requests from registered users with a higher priority than those from unregistered users.

sti04

#25 Post by sti04 »

Sure thing, will do that. Thought of some other ideas so I'll have to get that registration happening quick ;)

* When an SSH session ends (either exit or target is rebooted), allow for reconnection in the same terminal window rather than closing the tab and having to choose it again from the session list
* Maybe some sort of activity status in the tab. Eg 3 SSH tabs connected. 1 is idle, 1 is running a tail -f and the 3rd is where you are currently looking. When the one running the tail has some updates on the screen, change the colour of that tab or flash or something so it brings your attention to swapping active tabs.
* Session tree to remember last view, ie if you had 2 folders expanded, on next launch have them expanded.

Oh and I hope you don't take any of this as criticism, its an amazing application. I've already deleted my vncviewer and ftp apps, all thats left to go is SecureCRT but I haven't used it in over a week so its time is coming :)

Mobatek

#26 Post by Mobatek »

Oh no, of course we do not take your suggestions as criticism, we appreciate the time you spend to try MobaXterm and write down suggestions! In fact, since version 3.2 of MobaXterm, every new feature we implemented are users suggestions, so we really rely on users feedback.

About the 3 suggestions, they are all very interesting and have just been added to our ToDo list. The second one will be hard to implement as this may be hard to monitor activity through a remote SSH session, but we will try to do it by monitoring the terminal and flash whenever a new character is printed inside the terminal.

Thank you very much for trying MobaXterm, we hope you will enjoy working with it!

sti04

#27 Post by sti04 »

Great to hear, also I've just paid for a pro subscription :)

Mobatek

#28 Post by Mobatek »

Hello!

We just released a new minor version of MobaXterm (5.1) with mostly bugfixes and small improvements.
--> Download link and full changelog: http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html
As usual, we developed this version in the aim of being portable and stealth.

Sorry for sti04 and other users who asked for new features, we had to release this version now in order to quickly correct some bugs from the 5.0, so it does not contain any of the features you asked for. We will try to implement them for the next version.

Do not hesitate to give us your feedback on MobaXterm!

SYSTEM

#29 Post by SYSTEM »

Mobatek wrote:Hello!

We just released a new minor version of MobaXterm (5.1) with mostly bugfixes and small improvements.
As usual, we developed this version in the aim of being portable and stealth.
Thank you. I have updated the entry. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Mobatek

#30 Post by Mobatek »

Thanks SYSTEM :) !