MyDefragPowerGUI

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SYSTEM

MyDefragPowerGUI

#1 Post by SYSTEM »

MyDefragPowerGUI is the official successor of JkDefragGUI. It is a portable alternative to MyDefrag's own GUI. In addition to defragmenting, MyDefragPowerGUI is able to optimize the system by deleting unneeded files, wiping free space and defragmenting pagefile and registry.

Current version: 1.0.0 (August 1, 2010)

Size (uncompressed): 11,6 MB

Download: http://www.wieldraaijer.nl/download/MyD ... werGUI.zip

Writes settings to: Application folder*

How to extract: Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch MyDefragPowerGUI.exe. Allow MyDefragPowerGUI to download the external programs it needs.

Stealth: No

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Win2K/WinXP/Vista/Win7

*MyDefragPowerGUI creates a file called MyDefragPowerGUI.ini and seems to store its settings there. I found some registry entries, but their content don't look like settings. For me, it seems MyDefragPowerGUI is portable but not stealth.

"11,6 megabytes" is the size of my copy of MyDefragPowerGUI. It includes log files and a couple of other files which don't need to be present. According to the readme file, the size of MyDefragPowerGUI varies between 9 and 13 megabytes.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Hydaral

Re: MyDefragPowerGUI

#2 Post by Hydaral »

MyDefrag itself stores settings in the registry, so keep that in mind if you use this.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:MyDefragPowerGUI is the official successor of JkDefragGUI. It is a portable alternative to MyDefrag's own GUI.
I've been really happy with MyDefrag so this is good news.
Hydaral wrote:MyDefrag itself stores settings in the registry, so keep that in mind if you use this.
Bummer.

SYSTEM

#4 Post by SYSTEM »

MyDefragPowerGUI 1.0.1 is available.

http://www.wieldraaijer.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49

carbonize

#5 Post by carbonize »

I just wish that if you set it to use CCleaner for the cleaning it would check if you have it installed first and then use the installed copy and respect any settings it has.

SYSTEM

#6 Post by SYSTEM »

carbonize wrote:I just wish that if you set it to use CCleaner for the cleaning it would check if you have it installed first and then use the installed copy and respect any settings it has.
Why not use a portable copy of CCleaner? I have created hard links to the files CCleaner.exe, ccleaner.ini and portable.dat, so that they show up in the Programs folder. When MyDefragPowerGUI launches CCleaner, CCleaner will likely notice that portable.dat is present and load its settings from ccleaner.ini. I have not yet tested this, though.