Saleen - ScanFS, FilePro, Folder Sync

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: Saleen Software Sulotions

#16 Post by webfork »

[Moderator note: FilePro was given its own thread.]

webfork

Re: Saleen Software Solutions

#17 Post by webfork »

smaragdus indicated in comments that he was concerned about the Folder Sync program. I can confirm that the program has changed names (foldersynch:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Bac ... ynch.shtml

... but I don't have any data on the rest of it. If the dev's doing a bunch of shenanagans, should we add a disclaimer to the entry? Take it down?

I am Baas

#18 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:smaragdus indicated in comments that he was concerned about the Folder Sync program. I can confirm that the program has changed names (foldersynch:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Bac ... ynch.shtml

... but I don't have any data on the rest of it. If the dev's doing a bunch of shenanagans, should we add a disclaimer to the entry? Take it down?
It is called Folder Sync since at least April 2011... https://web.archive.org/web/20110405202 ... FolderSync

Tested FolderSyncWpf.exe v1.0.0 build 205: Portable

WPF = Windows Presentation Foundation... indicating that the application switched from winforms to wpf.

Req.: .Net runtime

License: Freeware

I am Baas

#19 Post by I am Baas »

ScanFS now requires the .net framework 4 to run.

The manual installation also includes ScanFs.pdb which I did not figure out yet what it is needed for. The application seems to run fine without it.

ScanFS calls home (autocheck for updates?).

joby_toss

#20 Post by joby_toss »

Maybe this is the reason:
Microsoft wrote:A program database (PDB) file holds debugging and project state information that allows incremental linking of a Debug configuration of your program. A PDB file is created when you compile a C/C++ program with /ZI or /Zi or a Visual Basic/C#/JScript .NET program with /debug.

SYSTEM

#21 Post by SYSTEM »

joby_toss wrote:Maybe this is the reason:
Microsoft wrote:A program database (PDB) file holds debugging and project state information that allows incremental linking of a Debug configuration of your program. A PDB file is created when you compile a C/C++ program with /ZI or /Zi or a Visual Basic/C#/JScript .NET program with /debug.
Indeed. PDB files are almost useless for end users. Programmers, on the other hand, need them for debugging.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

smaragdus

Re: ScanFS - ad-ware

#22 Post by smaragdus »

ScanFS is ad-ware:

More, Disk catalog mode is locked in the HOME EDITION, which means that besides ad-ware, ScanFS is also a demo. Please, vote it down.
Last edited by smaragdus on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

#23 Post by joby_toss »

I don't really care about the ads (although the author should be open about that), but I can't test the Disk Cataloging mode, even if in Evaluation mode. This really bothers me, because it is advertised as having such capabilities! Maybe it's just a "slip" from the author, whom I consider a nice person.

webfork

#24 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote:ScanFS is ad-ware
I'll add a note to the entry. I don't see any non-redistribution license restrictions (I don't see any license at all) so if anyone has a copy of the previous version, I'd be happy to switch.

webfork

#25 Post by webfork »

Amusingly the ad server for this program appears to have gone offline:

webfork

#26 Post by webfork »

If you read back through this thread, there have been a lot of problems with the ScanFS program but it's still online. A new version came out but the changelog is empty and the program is now distributed in a password-protected ZIP, which to me is unacceptable. I get that this is supposed to get around virus false-positive complaints, but I don't think our site visitors are going to go anywhere near that.

I'm recommending we take the entry offline once and for all.

webfork

Re: Saleen Software Solutions - WebDownloader

#27 Post by webfork »

Saleen includes a downloader program for various sites on the Internet including Youtube, Google, Flickr, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. called "WebDownloader" Of course all download programs have to see frequent updates to maintain their functionality against sites that generally speaking don't want downloader programs accessing them. What's unique about Saleen's is the Service Status checker on their site showing testing results for each site https://www.saleensoftware.com/WebDownloader

License: free for personal use

NOTE: This is unique from "Web Downloader", a simple download manager already on the site.

bitcoin

#28 Post by bitcoin »

Saleen Folder Sync now at v1.0.0 Build 225 as of Feb 16th 2021
Change Log
-
build 225: 16 Feb 2021
update: internal improvements
once installed it says its the x64 version on my computer fwiw