tabbyVNConnect v1.0

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
fitzbean

tabbyVNConnect v1.0

#1 Post by fitzbean »

http://bradlima.com/index.php?page=tabbyvnconnect

tabbyVNConnect is a generic, minimalist vncviewer.exe front-end that will allow you to enter all the computer's settings that you normally VNC to, and VNC to them with ease.

With tabbyVNConnect, you will no longer be restricted to a brief IP history box that vncviewer offers, and won't have to mess with .vnc files to record settings. All your vnc-able sites will be a double-click away.

-single zip download (294k),
-no install, simply unzip into your vncviewer.exe directory and update
your shortcuts to use tabbyVNConnect.exe instead.
-creates 2 files, .ini with pos/size memory settings, and a .dat file with all the vnc computer details; no registry, of course. ;)

thanks
brad[/img]

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

I was originally thinking of putting it under VNCViewer's entry.

But it does not appear to work with VNCViewer V4.1.2. I get this error:
The option /password was not recognized

fitzbean

#3 Post by fitzbean »

Andrew, you don't actually need to use the /password switch, it does that automatically as long as you specify one in the login:password field. If there is only one word in that field, it considers it a password; if there are two seperated by the colon, then the first is considered the user and second the password. Leaving it blank however, it will get an error because it still tries to parse at least a password. An oversight on my part. I'll clean up the app for v1.1, and let you know when it's available. It could really be a useful app, at least I thought, for people who even vnc into just a few computers; as long as it works right to begin with! <grin>

fitzbean

#4 Post by fitzbean »

Hi Andrew, btw, are you aware of UltraVNC viewer? It's much better than REAL in my opinion, and is open source and free. Real VNC has some restrictions on it's free version I'm learning while I tried to add support for it, such as the lack of being able to use usernames. I don't think it's posible to connect to a computer without manually typing the password everytime either.
http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

Andrew, you don't actually need to use the /password switch
I am not actually using the /password switch. I though tabbyVNConnect was doing that for me!

Anyway, I tried a couple of combinations without success. If I leave the field blank, I get access violation when I try to connect. If I input the username, I get the "/password" error. If I input "username:password", I get the "/password" error too.
btw, are you aware of UltraVNC viewer?
Yup. I am aware of it. Since you mentioned it, I will add it to the entry under VNCViewer. Thanks!