Flash Player 8 portable

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
AyrA

Flash Player 8 portable

#1 Post by AyrA »

Flash Player 8 Portable: A Portable Version of the Popular Flash Player Version 8 in an EXE File so you don't need to open Flash Files in Your Browser anymore.
Features of the Portable Version: Backups the Local Flash Settings, so the Portable version will not affect any installed Version.
As Long as the Portable Version is opened you can open any Flash File (.swf) with a Double Click.
Can Open Flash directly from URL's
Can create standalone .exe Files
The History in the File Menu is kept portable.
The portable.exe removes all changes made in the Registry after the Main Executable has exited and restores the Original Configuration.

Warning: DO NOT TRY TO OPEN ANY LOCAL INSTALLED FLASH PLAYER VERION 8 AS LONG AS THE PORTABLE VERSION IS RUNNING

If you mess up with the portable Player (killing the portable.exe porcess while running, system crash, etc...) the Portable Settings aren't removed. You can use the killflash.bat File in the portable Directory to remove the Registry settings.

If you like to have the Player as an "installed Like" version on your Computer: Kill all Files except the FlashPlayer.exe and the KillFlash.Bat from the Downloaded File. Copy the .exe and the .bat into a directory of Your Choice.
Run the .exe File. Flash Player is now installed and ready to open any .swf File by a Double Click. to "uninstall" the Program, just delete the .exe and execute the .Bat File, then Delete the .Bat and the Folder containing the File.

Writes settings to: Registry
How to extract: Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch portable.exe.
Stealth: Yes
License: Freeware
Download: http://ayra.ch/apps/?show=60 (To download click the Title of the Entry)

If you like the Technology with the portable.exe and the Bat Files you are allowed to:
- Copy and change the .Bat Files to fit your application
- Copy the portable.exe, changing the Resources with a Resource Editor of your choice (for Replacing Icons, Product Name, etc)
- Redistribute them under the same Condition as above.
Tip: If you launch the portable.exe (yes, you can rename it) and in the Folder is no portable.ini, it will create one and a Help text file.
If you need more Help, just ask me!

donald

Re: Flash Player 8 portable

#2 Post by donald »

Are you offering a Wrapper/Launcher for making applications portable? (I am almost certain that is what you mean.)

If so does it have a name?

Can it be downloaded without Adobe software? (because of the name of the thread I am led to believe that it has Flash Player 8 inside)

Are there any instructions?

Is this just a Adobe software made portable, or is this some other flash-player?

Is Adobe Freeware, and or can it be freely redistributed?
Edit: I just translated your web-page for this download, (using Google).

Google Translation

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

If it is a wrapper that downloads from Adobe directly, then why not Flash Player 10?

AyrA

#4 Post by AyrA »

guinness wrote:If it is a wrapper that downloads from Adobe directly, then why not Flash Player 10?
The Wrapper does not download anything. The Flashplayer .exe is included in my ZIP Package, but Problem is, that Flash Player 8 was the latest product released by Macromedia.
Adobe Buyed Macromedia and they are no longer interested in making .exe Flash Players.
But with the Player 8 you can Play at least 99% of all Flash Applications. Even YouTube works with Flash 8 (but no HD quality)

I'm sorry. If someone releases a FlashPlayer 10 .exe I'll include it in my Package.

AyrA

#5 Post by AyrA »

donald wrote:Are you offering a Wrapper/Launcher for making applications portable?
Yo can take the Wrapper and the Bat Files and change them for free, yes.
donald wrote:If so does it have a name?
No it hasn't. The Applications internal Project Name was "portableRunner".
donald wrote:Can it be downloaded without Adobe software? (because of the name of the thread I am led to believe that it has Flash Player 8 inside)
Flash Player 8 is included in the package, but still is a single .exe File.
You can't just download the Wrapper (at the Moment), but are free from taking it from the Download.
donald wrote:Are there any instructions?
In the Directory from the wrapper is a Readme (wich will be autogenerated if you launch the Wrapper from a Directory with no portable.ini found)
The Flashplayer itself has no Manual
donald wrote:Is this just a Adobe software made portable, or is this some other flash-player?
This is the last Macromedia Flash player, but this Company is now Adobe.
donald wrote:Is Adobe Freeware, and or can it be freely redistributed?
Yes. Flash Player is freeware, as long as no changes to the .exe are made.

donald

#6 Post by donald »

Thank you AyrA

I was wondering about those things.

I would ask if you could develop a just launcher package.

I think it would be good.

I would like to know the software's license type.

Is this an open source launcher?

What sort of cleanup or redirect can it handle?

Is it for Portable application, mostly portable applications, or any application?

AyrA

#7 Post by AyrA »

donald wrote:I would ask if you could develop a just launcher package.
I'll make one, but I'm still writing Examples
donald wrote:I would like to know the software's license type.
Currently it's freeware, you are allowed to change the Resources to change the icon and the "ProductName" Key to fit the Portableapps menu.
You are also allowed to include the Launcher into any Software Package, as long as the Software stays free (Freeware / Open Source) and is not a trial Version.
donald wrote:What sort of cleanup or redirect can it handle?
The Launcher just starts a File specified in an ini File, most likely a hidden batch file or another application
donald wrote:Is it for Portable application, mostly portable applications, or any application?
It is for any Application, as long as the target App does not needs to write in a registry key or Directory where you need admin access, as long as you do the Cleanup right.

I'll provide several Examples for Registry and File System Cleanup, including how to prevent the Application from overwriting Settings from an eventually installed application.
The Launcher IS NOT an Application Sandboxing system.
I'll also include a Readme and a Resource Changing Manual and Tool.

myzdoxae

#8 Post by myzdoxae »

AyrA wrote:
guinness wrote:If it is a wrapper that downloads from Adobe directly, then why not Flash Player 10?
The Wrapper does not download anything. The Flashplayer .exe is included in my ZIP Package, but Problem is, that Flash Player 8 was the latest product released by Macromedia.
Adobe Buyed Macromedia and they are no longer interested in making .exe Flash Players.
But with the Player 8 you can Play at least 99% of all Flash Applications. Even YouTube works with Flash 8 (but no HD quality)

I'm sorry. If someone releases a FlashPlayer 10 .exe I'll include it in my Package.
FWIW, if you check out this page:

Code: Select all

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
and scroll down to "Adobe Flash Player 10 — Debugger Versions (aka debug players or content debuggers)"...
There are stand-alone versions of the flash player, the most recent versions (version 10, as well as v9 and v8). When you run one, it sets itself as the default .swf player for your files, so a wrapper for it would be sweet.

AyrA

#9 Post by AyrA »

myzdoxae wrote:When you run one, it sets itself as the default .swf player for your files, so a wrapper for it would be sweet.
I'll make one, until this evening (GMT +1).
Should I open a new thread or continue using this one?