AVERT 2.1

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

AVERT 2.1

#1 Post by JohnW »

AVERT (Automatic Virus Eradication & Removal Tool) is an application designed to help facilitate the removal of malware on an already infected machine. It is stated to be a portable app that can run a variety of scanning software to remove infections.

Supported scanners are stated to be ...Asquared, ClamWin, Trend Micro, Panda, Sophos, Avira, VIPRE, VBA32 and AVG.

Scanning, logging and quarantine/removal is automatic
Updates are automatic.

It is customisable; additional scanners/tools may be included.

The program is already set up to expect CCleaner

The scanners/tools are not pre-installed.

From the point of view of PFC the obvious no-no is the fact that this requires .NET Framework 2.0+
That doesn't matter to me and I suspect that in the fullness of time PFC will recognise this as a silly restriction.

The Home Site is ...
The download is via ...
I think this is potentially a useful "toolkit" app.

I am Baas

Re: AVERT 2.1

#2 Post by I am Baas »

JohnW wrote:From the point of view of PFC the obvious no-no is the fact that this requires .NET Framework 2.0+
That doesn't matter to me and I suspect that in the fullness of time PFC will recognise this as a silly restriction.
Restriction? That's not accurate. There are already a few .net applications in the DB.

guinness

Re: AVERT 2.1

#3 Post by guinness »

Personally with .NET applications, if the program is unique and an alternative can't be found then I think its worthy of being (at least) considered.
For example Transmute is unique in its features and I have been unsuccessful in finding a truly "Portable" counterpart.