Auslogics Task Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Ameri-CAIN

Auslogics Task Manager

#1 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

http://www.auslogics.com/en/blog/2009/0 ... l-your-pc/

Auslogics Task Manager is a brand new free Windows Task Manager alternative. It provides comprehensive yet easy to understand information about running applications, processes, and services, as well as disk activity, CPU, RAM and Internet traffic usage.

Not only does it display CPU and RAM usage by all applications and processes, but also by a selected program or process.

Auslogics Task Manager will let you know whether an application or a process is trustworthy or not, thus helping you detect possible security flaws.

Managing Windows services has never been easier. Auslogics Task Manager displays all services running on your computer. You can also view detailed information about each service.

The program is feature rich and has an intuitive interface – that’s why it’s ideal for both novice and experienced users. Auslogics Task Manager will help you manage your computer resources to fit your particular needs. There is also a free portable version of this application.

Portable Download Location:
http://www.fileinspect.com/task-manager ... rtable.exe

MiDoJo

Re: Auslogics Task Manager

#2 Post by MiDoJo »

Cain,
Auslogics Task Manager will let you know whether an application or a process is trustworthy or not, thus helping you detect possible security flaws.
From whence does it decide this information? Microsoft? it's own database? the user?

Ameri-CAIN

Re: Auslogics Task Manager

#3 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

MiDoJo wrote:Cain,
From whence does it decide this information? Microsoft? it's own database? the user?
I wish I could tell you MiDoJo. I actually didn't think about it until you asked the question. It's a very good question, and if I had to take a guess I would have to say its a built in db. It does allow you to search for information on processes and programs on http://www.fileinspect.com/fileinfo as this is the site it brings up when you right click an application or process and choose "Search it on FileInspect". I am pretty sure this has a built in db as it still functions when not connected to the internet, however I'm not sure if it auto updates this db, or if it just offers the ability to search on the website if its unknown. I tried it on a laptop where the synaptics process was listed as unknown, but doing a search on the process from FileInspect.com showed that it was the touchpad driver and a trusted exe.