smereka extensible personal freeform database and PIM

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
teobromina

smereka extensible personal freeform database and PIM

#1 Post by teobromina »

http://yp.lviv.ua/smereka/

From the website:

<<What is Smereka?

Smereka is a program that allows you to organize your data in an hierarchical, searchable database that is stored in a single file.>>

I am Baas

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Smereka writes settings to the registry @ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Smereka

teobromina

not giving up

#3 Post by teobromina »

@ I am Baas:

OK, thank you. You found smereka not stealth :oops: , but to say something in favor of this program, I was looking for a documentary database, based on sqlite, as portable as possible, to save and retrieve my annotations, when I found by chance this software.

I thing that smereka overcomes most of the limitations of some portable freeware PIMs, making possible to save in its database files, not only edited (typed) texts or downloaded pages but also imported files as well, that can be retrieved later.

Data is shown in a tree form. You may use it as a kind of private knowledge database.

In addition it runs on Linux by Wine. :wink:

It is small, freeware and (at least in my concept of portability) portable.

I bring it here, after long time without posting, and perhaps needing some more training, because I thing it can be useful for some other users with the same needs than mine. Perhaps we may convince the author to change the program settings to make it fulfilling the TPFC rules of portability...

*JT.

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

No worries. I just felt it was appropriate to mention the registry thing.