IP address to Hostname conversion tool
IPHost overview / changelog / usage tips
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032928 ... ost030.zip
From the same developer who gave us TCP Monitor Plus :
The unfortunate "IP address to Host Name converter" description does somewhat belittle the core function of this tool,
actually quite a capable "IP addresses range scanner" in sheep's clothing, akin to our top-of-the-chart "Angry IP Scanner 2.21"
A prominent button, rather disturbingly labeled "Register", stands for a more mundane "SCAN/GO" function.
Let's chalk that up to the vagaries of automatic JP->EN translations.
(nothing that a gentle touch of ResourceHacker's magic couldn't rectify, mind you...:
Dialog->102->1033 ; Edit "Register" -> "Scan"...
IPHost v0.30 Summary:
Terse, fair sized (438k), fast IP Address Scanner, returns scans results a tad quicker than smaller sized (108k) "Angry IP Scanner"
Some essential functions missing, GUI still a bit rough, implementation details yet to be polished.
Suggestions for future releases:
- • provide RESET button to clear results between scans
• provide hostname ping RTT latency results column
• allow for CIDR IP addresses notation input (such as 184.108.40.206/24)
• change "Domain Info" column heading to "(Hostname) ccTLD" (easily hacked)
• clean-up other column headings
• clean-up combo box clumsy transparency (check awkward next-to-last line)