Calculator.NET - an RPN scientific calculator

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
garbanzo

Calculator.NET - an RPN scientific calculator

#1 Post by garbanzo »

warning - this needs .NET framework to run. that simple fact will make some of you want to explode violently, but i have it installed on all the machines i use so i'm posting this anyway :wink:

this is an RPN scientific calculator. if you don't know what RPN means then you don't need this. if you do, you'll love it.

installer extracts fine with UE, and it's just 150 KB. didn't test for registry stealth.

Code: Select all

http://www.speech.kth.se/calculator/

Ameri-CAIN

#2 Post by Ameri-CAIN »

I too use .NET apps from my portable device. I don't have a need for this one, but I like to see usefull .NET apps posted. Especially if they don't have any (known) competition.

garbanzo

#3 Post by garbanzo »

actually this one does have competition, in the name of Excalibur no less:

Code: Select all

http://www.geocities.com/dbergis/freeware.htm
but i prefer the layout and functionality of Calculator.NET, so i posted it first :)

Kermode

#4 Post by Kermode »

Yuck. dot net :cry:

garbanzo

#5 Post by garbanzo »

JohnW

#6 Post by JohnW »

@garbanzo @Ameri-CAIN

A hobby horse of mine!
I continue to find it odd that .NET apps are rejected despite the fact that .NET Framework is standard on Vista and a large number have installed it on XP. Yet PFC still persists in including apps that don't run in Vista. Seems incongruous to me.

Anyway keep posting! I for one will find them of interest.

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

Came across another one... Loki and LokiBin
Loki is an RPN calculator that does fraction and basic units math. LokiBin is a different version that does binary math.
Edit: Loki writes settings to %windir%
Last edited by I am Baas on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

garbanzo

#8 Post by garbanzo »

i've been using MiniCalc lately and i'm very happy with it. it's portable, but writes to the registry when you change settings (there are very few, and once set you will probably never change them), and also when you store numbers in memory.

there is no numeric keypad, just a stack and a few function buttons to cycle through. this means you have to type everything in manually. however, it will only work with a keypad - you have to type in the operation, and it doesn't accept the ones on the main keyboard.

http://xout.free.fr/rpn/index.html