The Swiss File Knife is a multi-function command line tool, designed to avoid the need to install many other small tools.
With SFK, you can instantly
- find and extract text in binary files
- list dir tree sizes
- filter and replace text
- run an instant ftp server
- find duplicate files
- join many text files into one
- create and verify md5 checksum lists
- run a self-defined command on many files
- remove TAB characters from text
- create hexdumps from files
- trace contents of a tcp connection
- find dependencies between files
- print colored text to terminal
- locate commands in path
- print last lines of a file
- convert hex to binary
- convert binary to source code
- convert CR/LF line endings
- split and join large files
as well as other functions.
no installation, registry spamming, DLL's etc., all open source.
just download the .exe from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=160478
(or the .zip, if you're interested in the source code)
further documentation is available under
binaries are provided for win98 and later, as well as linux.